Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
921 Posts

Is it talking back to you? Being disrespectful? Stealing? Lying? Cheating on you with another lover?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Having issues with it loosening and not starting. Have bought another engine wiring harness but only wanted to change the lug but cannot get buss bars out of fuse box to remove the lug(aluminum not brass).

·
Registered
917 Posts
The other stock response is have you tried the forum's search ?
Welcome to the forum, you may need a lot of help as your car seems to have missed a common problem that had a TSB or recall notice. I do not think the dealership will help you now but if you are talking about the engine fuse box battery lug it should have been replaced long ago.

Hope the pictures and pdfs help. Goes without saying this plastic should be handled with care.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you it will help immensely since car hasn't run in 3 months due to the problem. Can replacement parts still be bought?

·
Registered
917 Posts
If you trust my memory of what I have read on this forum there are no new parts.
Any 94-96 b body car at the wrecker should have a brass one. The threads on the brass one can be damaged by over tightening so remove the nut and look at the replacement before buying.

car hasn't run in 3 months due to the problem.
A temporary fix that might work would be to stack on some washers or a larger nut then try a new(metric?) nut on top. You do want to replace the old one as it could start a fire. I would suggest the whole fuse box as it may have internal damage. You can then swap out any damaged parts.

PM
Fred Kiehl

for used parts he keeps this forum rolling.

Please do a new member introduction, Many would like to know how a car made it to 2019 with that electrical post
Fill in member information or at least mention year and car type when you start a post. Full sentences and correct spelling will get you farther on this forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts