Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a seach and found some good info. I would like to hear from those who have had the ES poly body bushings (including the uppers that go between the body and the frame) installed for some time.
Have you developed any squeaks?
How about in cold weather? Below freezing Minnesota type weather?
How long have you had them installed? Months and miles please.
Would you do it again?
Do you hear more rattles or other noices from the body? If yes, how much more?
Have you discovered any other problems? (For example, my windshield once cracked when I entered a curve hard. It looked like there may have been a rock chip present that I had not noticed. This was with stock bushings only so it was not mod related. I believe that even with the poly bushings there is still enough compliance for the the body and frame to "live", they are just more closely coupled?
Thank you very much in advance.
Tim

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have ES bushings throughout.... installs were over a period from 10 to 18 months ago. No squeeks to this point.... get the black bushings as they are impregnated with graphite. The red ones aren't.

KW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had them for about a year or so. I get a slight creaking sound from the left front that I think may be due to the bushings, but I can't be sure. Take it for what it's worth. I haven't noticed anything that makes me think they are too unforgiving, but I do get a lot more rattles and squeaks in the interior than before I did the mod. That having been said, this was one of the best mods I ever did and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Energy Suspension bushings it will be then!
(I will be selling a fairly new set of the lower body bushings that are used for what's referred to as the body bushing mod after I get around to doing the Energy Suspension bushing mod.)
Thanks,
Tim

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My ES body bushing kit arrived. If I remember right, it does not incude the lower bushins (body bushing mod) in positions 1, 2, and 3 (called positions 2, 3, and 4 in ES instructions. Did you use GM lower bushings there?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It came with all of them. What I did get, though, was new bolts since I wasn't sure what shape the ones on the car would be in. I ended up needing new bolts in about half of the positions. I also ended up needing to replace the metal cups that the rearmost two bushings (i.e., the two bushings behind the rear axle on each side, four altogether) sit in since they were all rusted out. I'm in the Northeast, though, so you might not have the same experience. Good luck. You'll love this mod.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.