Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out a way to have the engine work off a toggle switch... since my car got stolen I want to place a secret switch somewhere in my car so the next time some one tries to start it,it wont start.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The fuel pump wire enters the car behind the passenger foot panel. You could put a switch near there.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, you can wire in a switch on the FP circuit.....heck, the wire is so easy to get under the rear bumper, when you park it you can just unplug it from there....

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did the car have a working Pass Key II system?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to install something that will work even if the keys are in the igniton.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You would have to put a switch on the batt. or fuel pump and hide it.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Inline switch to PCM power would kill everything; fuel pump, ignition, injectors...

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Use a trick starter switch instead of the key.
Wire it so that when you turn the key to 'start'
nothing happens. A thief will give up at that point. No one will know what switch starts the car. You could install your own push-button starter switch run to a relay.

Nabster

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't tie it to killing power to the PCM; you'll dump all your 'learns' - unless that is a good thing for you.

My IAC count goes to default and causes an 'after warm up first full stop idle' issue that takes about to week to work out after PCM power loss and memory dump.

Sounds to me the easiest solution is a fuel pump interrupt circuit with a conveniently located hidden switch.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How about something that sends a death ray out to the tow truck trying to grab it, since so many are abducted that way?

The FP sw. sounds easy. For 10 years using a CLUB 100% of the time (it takes 7 seconds and I do it even at Quikshops) plus parking nose out has been lucky for me so far.

But I'll be adding on something else now since these rides have to be getting more and more 'lusted after' by more daring creeps as they get rarer.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
do NOT put your Supersecret(TM) kill switch somewhere where you have to reach for it. If someone wants your car, they'll follow you for a few days. If you lean forward and reach to the left every time you get into or out of the car, they'll pick up on it.

Wired through your headlight switch is a good place. get in, turn the lights on and enabling the fuel pump, and start the car. With the propogation of daytime running lights, it wouldn't look out of the ordinary.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"The Club" can be removed in about 10 seconds. All it takes is a hacksaw to cut the steering wheel. Spread the wheel rim at the cut and the The Club will just about fall off. This is what the bastiches did to my Vette - I thank the Big Man they didn't snag it though as it took them too much time in their theft effort and they got chased off by a friend at work.

I use an Autolock on the Imp; wedges between the firewall and brake pedal. I'm sure it too can be defeated, but I sure feel a hell of a lot better about it than The Club. Anything to slow them down.

Hidden 'defeat' switches work best. There's a rarely used push-button in the center dash area that is an ideal candidate.

d

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
when i bought my car the ass had created gehtto kill switch and didnt tell me the egnition switch under the dash its a yell wire in my car. so after i take it to the shop my friend tells me it wont start and he doesnt know why so after like a day they figure out what the previous owner did he severed the wire and didnt install a kill switch he just clampped the wire back together so u can use that wire and it will be very simple to switch it on and off while in the car

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had just a thing in my car. It was rigged to my cruise control, so every time to start my car, I had to turn the keys to electricity on, and then flick my cruise control switch, then it would start. It was setup that way when i bought the car.

One day tho it blew the fuse for the 3rd tailight, and in the process knocked out my cruise control. When i fixed it, the switch didnt work anymore.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How many jackers put there seatbelt on before they steal your car?????

nuff said :D :D :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts