Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on a bracket to mount a York A/C pump to our LT1 engines. This compressor will put out three times as much air as any electric compressor on the market. It will fill a 5 gal tank in about 30sec. This will be a all bolt on fabrication so nothing in the car will have to be altered. I just wanted to know if anyone would be interesed in purcashing one of these brackets. It is not done so I cannot qoute a price yet but it should be done in the next couple of weeks.
I am a experienced metal fabricator and mainly work with small delicate metal parts. But I do a lot of sheet metal punching and forming and I have a plasma cam machine that can pretty much cut out anything you want.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
randode,
Who sells a onboard air compressor bracket for our cars? I'm not talking about electric compressors. But a engiine driven compressor. If someone makes one that will save me a lot of time. Let me know please.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sounds like a great idea. i love the slam look. i wonder how come the low rider community never use it(maybe they did and i missed it)... last time i see one it have about 8 battery in the trunk to power the pump for all the hydrolic system.

some how you got to fit an additional air comressor into the existing accessory(extra pully and reroute the belt.)

i wonder if it's possible to use the existing ac compressor to power the air bag, with a flcik of switch u can use it to cool the interior of the car.

regards

David Wang

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bluewhale:
some how you got to fit an additional air comressor into the existing accessory(extra pully and reroute the belt.)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or you could just do it like they do a supercharger and use a second belt. Would the compressor have a clutch similar to an AC pulley so it isn't always drawing on the motor, only when it is needed?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
heres where to get the engine driven compressor: i have talked to them before, they have one for our 305's

Air Lift Company
800-248-0892

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I mounted a Chrysler V-2 a/c compressor to my engine It will fill a twin 4 gal. tank to 150 psi in about 30 seconds idling. At 3000 rpm about 5 seconds. Screw electric pumps. Oh, one more thing you can't tell when it's running unless you are watching the tank gauge.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Airlifts kit will not fit our 305 or 350, either TBi or LT1. They are designed for trucks. There is not enough room to fit them on our cars where they mount them in the trucks. In order to make one fit, you would have to use the mini York. I've tried mocking one up on my 92 and the regular York ain't gonna fit. Trust me.
That being said, there is nothing like using the engine driven compressor. I've used one on a pickup and I cranked it up to 200psi and you should see the sucker lock up. <g> If you can make a bracket work with the mini-York, I'd be definitely interested. LMK. Thanks.

Alex Melero

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Currently we dont have brackets to fit the impala/caprice... Our D-I-Y kit does come with the min york so there is room, unfortunetly there is not enough demand yet for specific brackes. At least untill I can find a caprice I can afford..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.