Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Premium Member
94’ Impala SS
500 Posts
The motor is gorgeous! Nice to see another rock solid powerhouse from Ellwein.
You won't regret the Torqhead conversion.

Most importantly, I'm really impressed to see your young helper too. It is wonderful to see kids interested in mechanical things!!!

· Registered
6,932 Posts
I was also going to mention the helper!

Looks sick dude!
I'm sure you mean, 'Chf. Installation Apprentice'. :cool:

And yes, that sure is an attractive mill. 'Follow'ing here to watch progress.

· Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The motor is gorgeous! Nice to see another rock solid powerhouse from Ellwein.
You won't regret the Torqhead conversion.

Most importantly, I'm really impressed to see your young helper too. It is wonderful to see kids interested in mechanical things!!!
Thanks for the compliment. Karl did a great job, we sure went all out on this one motor ! My daughter surprised me with offering to help rebuild the intake manifold . She said it was so satisfying to clean up the family baby. Brought my daughters home from the hospital when they were born in this 96 impala so they know it well.

· Premium Member
94’ Impala SS
500 Posts
Thanks for the compliment. Karl did a great job, we sure went all out on this one motor ! My daughter surprised me with offering to help rebuild the intake manifold . She said it was so satisfying to clean up the family baby. Brought my daughters home from the hospital when they were born in this 96 impala so they know it well.
Awesome!

· Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Replacing antenna and wiper assembly while I have the space to move around …but man those mount bolts for the antenna are behind the antenna against the firewall… can a guy get a break? Oh wait … bolt was in the door jam.

Attachments

· Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pulled gas tank and fuel lines . Drained old gas and running Braided steel lines (black for the return line) with all AN fittings next. Used a rope to simulate and measure the new lines and it’s 15 1/2 - 16 feet from tank to fuel rails . Will be running a fuel filter in the engine bay.
Automotive tire Auto part Audio equipment Shipping box Adhesive

Attachments

· Registered
“91” Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
401 Posts
Don't remember where I saw it, but I'm pretty sure the fuel filter should go before the pump, to keep junk from getting into the pump, could be wrong though.

· Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't remember where I saw it, but I'm pretty sure the fuel filter should go before the pump, to keep junk from getting into the pump, could be wrong though.
You are correct my friend. It goes on the feed line before the rail input. I am just moving the position forward from under the car along the body into a more serviceable location next the the brake booster. Also it’s a bit of eye candy too since the new one is anodized.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts