Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
11,105 Posts
Get a Gen VI 454 with the coil per plug ignition, add a cam, aftermarket aluminum heads (up to about 10:1 compression), bigger radiator, electric fans, and reprogram the computer. You will need a tough trans as well with a trans cooler. Then put some gears in it, and some headers on it too. Upgrade the fuel pump, and lines, then some big tires.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I have a 1996 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon … The Roadmaster has a 2012 Duramax/6L90E swapped in. I don't plan to go crazy with the power, but in stock form it has 525 ft-lb of torque right at cruising RpM's and with tuning it won't go down :).

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Get a Gen VI 454 with the coil per plug ignition, add a cam, aftermarket aluminum heads (up to about 10:1 compression), bigger radiator, electric fans, and reprogram the computer. You will need a tough trans as well with a trans cooler. Then put some gears in it, and some headers on it too. Upgrade the fuel pump, and lines, then some big tires.
Where can I buy this from

·
Registered
11,105 Posts

·
Registered
11,105 Posts
Blueprint engines...ever heard of it.....I can finance one...
You can build one a little at a time. Get a good short block, get a good set of heads, Etc. You can blueprint your own engine. Blueprinting an engine is writing down each and every part you put in it, and all dimensions of those parts. You get more for less $$$. Just follow the directions, and it will work. That is what I did. I saved $1000s, even after a couple of mistakes, and incorrect parts. You can even sell some of the usable parts to defray costs.

·
Super Moderator
8,276 Posts
Why don't you buy SSandman's 396? And there's lots of other good built LT1s coming available because of LS swaps. Check out LT1 Nation on Facebook.

·
Registered
23 Posts
did you not take anyones advice from when you posted a month ago?

41 - 52 of 52 Posts