Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
[Moderator edit 2/8/11: Locking this thread because original poster (OP) cannot edit it due to the forum sale. Please see new thread.]

10/16/10 IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please see picture of my brass valve installed on my Impala.

These improved bleeder valves allow you to bleed air from the coolant (something necessary every time you change coolant) without running antifreeze all down the front of the engine and onto the otpi. Simply add your own hose (I used an old opti vent hose) and run it to where ever it suits you. This is a direct replacement of the factory bleeder valve. Please note the pictures shows a brass valve.

Tim

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
gotcha....deleted...

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm in

·
Registered
629 Posts
I'm in for 4 brass or nickel depending on answers to the questions. I have used the brass previously and the valve is sometimes hard to open. Have you ever thought of making a "t" handle version or a splined wrench to fit over the knob? Which is smoother brass or nickel plated? Does the nickel plating hold up to everyday driving? Thanks for making them available at such a good price.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in for 4 brass or nickel depending on answers to the questions. I have used the brass previously and the valve is sometimes hard to open. Have you ever thought of making a "t" handle version or a splined wrench to fit over the knob? Which is smoother brass or nickel plated? Does the nickel plating hold up to everyday driving? Thanks for making them available at such a good price.
Skill,

I have never seen a "T" handle versions. I do not make them, I just buy them in bulk and re-sell.

The Nickel is plating over brass. It seems to be smoother (finer) that the brass. I have a brass on my Impala and Nickel on my wagon. Neither one has been through a winter yet, the Impala never will. The wagon is my daily driver. I use the wagon more but they both seem to be holding up ok. The Nickel has a nicer finish on it. You might be able to polish the brass, but it would not be easy. It is very small.

Cops carry nickel plated shells in their guns because the Nickel does not tarnish. Brass will most likely tarnish over time (like any brass).

I usually order 75% Nickel and 25% brass, but let me know what you think you want.

I hope this helps!!

Tim

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Hey Tim, I'm in for 1 each in Nickel finish! Please let me know where to send $. Can PayPal immediately.

Tim :D

Edit: oops - PM sent

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Does the nickel plating hold up to everyday driving?
I don't drive my RM daily anymore.

That said, I accidentally got some dust on the nickel one in my RM...

But I wiped it off...

And it's doing fine ;)

All kidding aside, these are really nice parts.

Thanks again for doing this Tim! :)

·
Registered
3,762 Posts

But I wiped it off...

And it's doing fine ;)

LOL, funny stuff! I have the same problem with mine, damn dust...

It makes bleeding the system sooooooo easy!

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't drive my RM daily anymore.

But I wiped it off...

And it's doing fine ;)

Thanks again for doing this Tim! :)
Stewart!!! YOU GOT DUST ON YOUR BLEEDER!!! TISK TISK TISK....

LOL, funny stuff! I have the same problem with mine, damn dust...

It makes bleeding the system sooooooo easy!
Thanks Bad!!

Thanks for the feedback................

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'll take mine in nickel as well.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
im in for 1 nickel. just in time. WP is ready to be changed. also how hard is it to find the hose that fits?
Easy! I used a vacume hose, but I only had it on when I bleed the system then I took it off. No need for it to stay on.

1 - 20 of 219 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.