Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question here...

I wanted to buy new ES end-links and I did purchase these from Troy at the Superstore, however, I received the ES 9.118 size and everyone speaks about the 9.8123.
</font>
  • Which are the correct ones?</font>
  • Will the 9.8118s work?</font>
  • If so, what is the difference?</font>
Thanks,
Rob

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You can buy the proper end links from AutoZone, or at least I did. Just carry one of your stock bolts in to AutoZone (assuming your car is not lowered, if so take away in inches how much your front is lowered from the stock bolt) and match the bolt and spacer up to what is on the shelf at autozone.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I talked with the SSuperstore today and Jason there told me that Troy decided to go away from the ES 9.8123 End-links because they are too short. They are only 2 1/4". He went on to say that this is the reason why they went to the ES 9.8118 because they are 2 7/8".

Can anyone provide me with a little feedback here...thanks!

-Rob

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was difficult to get the 9.8123's on, but they're on there about 6 months now & are ok.
Whatever you go with, tighten at ride height, only until Bushings start to bulge.
DO NOT overtighten! :eek:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So what do you think...try the 9.8118s or exchange them and get the 9.8123s?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The difference in sleeve length is just a little over 1/2 of an inch, I would go ahead and put the 2 7/8 on and if they are a little snug you can shorten them a little, 1/2 of an inch should be well within the range of the threads on the bolt.......

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Kevin, I'll be trying these this weekend!

Thanks again,
Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts