Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

q.1. heavy hitters how did you deal with evap / charcoal canister?

q.2. heavy hitters how did you deal with your PCV?

Just finished up the monoblade install.
the AS&M monoblade does not support evap / ccp and PCV.

*I have ideas but I'am looking at all the options.cwm7
**if you not a heavy hitter feel free to jump in,
just keep in mind were not talking about pcv / evap for stock LT1s

I'm conisdering running the grand nat LT1 air pump PCVacuum setup.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ge...0-crankcase-evacuation-lt1-smog-pump-how.html

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
everythings better with picscwm1

btw you can make monoblade gaskets out of factory rplacment TB gaskets! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
need more air and less retriction in the quest for 500 RWHP @ 7000 RPM

·
Premium Member
5,749 Posts
When you are saying PCV , are you speaking of the fresh air side side from rocker cover to TB? Is so can't you just just get a line in between TB and MAF?
Other side, which I don't subscribe too , filters in rocker covers.

If Vacuum side and this is because IAC passages are cut away you should still be able to use the PCV port at the front.
Or go into the side of the Intake like earlier LT1s. There is a passage there to the IAC passages.

Evap, being it is PCM controlled, I see no reason you couldn't hook it to the plenum.

·
Registered
976 Posts
pump

id say full blown vacuum pump great benefits with running one and would like to know how big of an engine your running dont want specs just cubes.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I don't know if it's that bad to just fore go the fresh air supply. Perhaps you could just let the PCV suck on the crank case and see how that works before fussing with it. Or is it required for emissions?

I'm not exactly sure how the evap. works. Does it pressurize or put a vacuum on the tank? Whichever, it's generally safe to listen to Gerry.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
anyone else have $.02 on this?

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Where the steel fuel tank vent tube ends just under the upper control arm, I have it capped with a filter (so the tank is vented)and everything else associated with evap disconnected. No breathers in the valve covers with a 4 vane moroso vacuum pump that pulls 12 in. Zero, and I mean zero oil leak anywhere.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Where the steel fuel tank vent tube ends just under the upper control arm, I have it capped with a filter (so the tank is vented)and everything else associated with evap disconnected.
Mike, I think I'll give this a try.
If I don't like it I'll go back.

No breathers in the valve covers with a 4 vane moroso vacuum pump that pulls 12 in. Zero, and I mean zero oil leak anywhere
I'm goning to try a moded LT-1 air pump.
early tests show about 4"hg with a single pump.
and its a free mod since it is laying around with mounting bracket and wiring.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts