Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having this wonder for some years and want to get to the bottom of it. If I remember correctly, when I bought this car a piece of hose was falling apart on the Evap Solonoid line that comes along the fuel rail, around the valve cover on the passenger side. This hard line stoped at that same spot repair I did years ago about a little out the bottom edge of the valve cover. I put a new piece of hose there but this has ALWAYS seemed funky to me as it seems to never sit correctly. This repair (about 4 inches) goes onto the same type of hard plastic line that is a 45 degree piece of hard tube with one end having a hose bead. Maybe I melted it and can't remember. Anyway, I suppose that bead is for another hose to splice to the steel line at at frame. I don't know how long the stock one was.. The other end of this beaded 45 looks like it's cracked off. I'm just not sure what the original part legnths, shapes,, bends looked like and would like to know. Can someone tell me how long the sections of the the plastic tube is from the last bend at the top corner of the valve cover to the end of its factory run and how it's shaped? Picture of one? How it's shaped? Lengths? Because I'm not sure what this was from the factory and would like to repair it as it's right In front of me. Does this part get melted frequently? Is this what happened to mine? Need some ideas on how people have fixed this because as I remember this may be a tight type of run for that line and help would be appreciated so I can get the job done nice and correct. And yes, I learned the hard way. Pep boys called the wire loom heat resistant. My alternator shows it wasn't. I'm going to be putting some grey stripe on that.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Here is a snap shot from a YouTube video borrowed from the internet. Did this line run over the valve cover factory and mine was remade to hide around the front side of the valve cover since the home base mod is in pl ace? I'm just wondering if smog techs frown on remade routing of any of this emissions stuff. Or better yet, can a car be failed for rerouting regardless of what they frown on? I would like to buy some plastic pieces and spring clamps and make it nicer but I don't know how it was factory and what's accepted in California smog visual inspections. I'm talking about the bottom hose coming off the solonoid. Mine has been routed similar to the blue mark
Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design Automotive exterior Car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts