Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
In my Maxwell Smart (Agent 86) voice - "The ole spark plug end on the TB trick ayyy" 0:)

Did that too but later went with this part #46001 from Dorman....

https://www.autozone.com/emission-control-and-exhaust/pcv-valve-hose/dorman-pcv-valve-hose-46001/365543_0_0?source=pepperjamaffiliate_id=43737click_id=2808666015ppjmid=43737cmpid=AFF:US:EN:AZ:NL:1000000:GEN:ppjmid43737-8-11065

and then modified the other end to step it down to the Solenoid Side and more info at this thread and subsequent links.....

https://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/11987642-post7.html

There's also a Pic of the entire pieced together hose there.

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
In the process of modifying a stock throttle body. Removing the reservoir part of casting underneath containing the IAC (enhanced coolant bypass)... Also removed hose barb stems on side of throttle body to tap small hole 1/8"NPT,and the larger one 1/4"NPT... The one for EVAP will have a 1/4' hose barb matching what it goes to. These different size opening hoses,and elbows have irritated me for years anyway.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
What you're describing sounds like cleaning up the overall lines of the TB after the bypass. And I got rubber caps on the tubes but they still look hokey. Pics would be 'preciated by all.

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
This is what you end up with...

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
What you're describing sounds like cleaning up the overall lines of the TB after the bypass. And I got rubber caps on the tubes but they still look hokey. Pics would be 'preciated by all.
You can just Cut off the part of the IAC Housing that has the Coolant Bypass. You really don't need to cap off the Coolant Ports once you've bypassed it since they go nowhere. I picked up a housing that was already modified when doing the bypass mod and there are many for sale out there for about $40 Here is more info in this link....

·
Registered
6,743 Posts

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Thanks guys. 1slow- the first pic shows ok, but this one is just giving me a gray EU 'Do Not Enter' sign. And Mark the caps just the slightest difference between "something accidentally disconnected" v. "Not Used". Not anal, merely neurotic. ;)

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
Not sure what happens to some photos. Here's a shot of the tapped holes.
DSC00982.JPG

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
Removing the "coolant tank" is relatively easy. These are the critical cuts. Connect end by cutting top of tank in between. Clean up resulting edge as you see fit.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Ah so, only too clear with the pics thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts