Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was working around the intake manifold and broke the hard line between the solenoid and t-body, I figure I can patch with a piece of rubber vac line
but where does the other line go? I notice it's broken as well but can't tell where it's supposed to go.
Vac diagram shows it going past the t-body but I still can't tell to where.
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
Did you figure it out yet? I know there are quite few threads here that have discussed this setup and have pics. Let us know if you have no luck finding those threads but if you search "Charcoal Canister" i think you'll find what you need in those threads.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I’ll be watching this, pulled heads & manifold and just about all the vac lines broke. Still haven’t mcguyvered replacement lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
photophucket ruined the threads I found about this so the big secret is that the line on that solenoid? that's farther from the plug goes to a steel line on the frame in front of the right front tire, what then goes to the charcoal canister in the fenderwell.
If you remove that wheel you can see the steel line pointing up, probably with the manky remnants of the vac hose still attached.
I reused the 90* hard line from the solenoid and splice on 3/16 rubber vac hose the rest of the way.
No need at this time to get into the fenderwell itself, never saw the canister.
you may or may not know that the other line from the solenoid goes to the throttlebody.
these things I say about a 94 9c1, I don't know about other years or models or trims.

·
Banned
3,437 Posts
I was working around the intake manifold and broke the hard line between the solenoid and t-body, I figure I can patch with a piece of rubber vac line
but where does the other line go? I notice it's broken as well but can't tell where it's supposed to go.
Vac diagram shows it going past the t-body but I still can't tell to where.
Thanks for the help
picture

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
J Cat, what year is your car? You have a something pictured that I don't have.
I'm going to look for an unplugged pigtail.

·
Registered
7,980 Posts

·
Banned
3,437 Posts
J Cat, what year is your car? You have a something pictured that I don't have.
I'm going to look for an unplugged pigtail.
the hard nylon tubing goes into the TB.. that is how it purges the canister from the control valve ..there is an unconnected opening port to release any pressure/vac..

someone must have a better picture diagram to help...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This thread still has a Factory Diagram pic attached....

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/34-engine-problems-maintenance/258963-more-information-evap-canister-fuel-smell.html

Just Goggle "Evap system on 95 Impala" to get that and a bunch of other images. HTH's

BTW - The Pic in that thread does not show it, but the other side of the Evap Solenoid goes to the Throttle Body Port.

Ok, the diagram there does not show the evap pressure control valve
the evap control valve pictured does not have an electrical connection like j cat has pictured
my car is unmolested and has no pigtail waiting to plug into ecv
my evap solenoid had the og hard lines connected and no sign of ecv ever being there

so I'm going to give up, I'm thinking maybe it wasn't on the 94, in any case the hoses are hooked up, no fuel smell, car runs beautiful.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
so I'm going to give up, I'm thinking maybe it wasn't on the 94, in any case the hoses are hooked up, no fuel smell, car runs beautiful.

Do you have the service manual for the car? If so, the info should be in there.

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
Ok, the diagram there does not show the evap pressure control valve
the evap control valve pictured does not have an electrical connection like j cat has pictured
my car is unmolested and has no pigtail waiting to plug into ecv
my evap solenoid had the og hard lines connected and no sign of ecv ever being there

Ii don't believe my 95 ever had a Vacuum Switch like that and just looks like the link I pictured earlier. My setup just has the Solenoid and assorted tubing. I do know I've seen different setups on cars over the years when it comes to the Airpump circuit/check valves as well as this EVAP system. I will say that what you have may resemble what they show for the F-Body pictured here....

http://shbox.com/1/1996_evap.jpg

Is it possible that the motor or parts for it were swapped from another car? It could just be that GM used different parts of the shelf as they made these. But after nearly a 1/4 Century of driving/modding a car and previous owners it's possible anything could have happened.

Again, just google what I mentioned earlier and do it for different years and see what pics/diagrams you come up with. I suspect you'll find what youre looking for.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
anything is possible, car was in service until '04, sold at auction, and I picked it up from that guy 2yrs later.
Car seems pretty honest, only mod was a peanut butter jar lid in the intake elbow.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It would be easier to remove the intake manifold and send it to you for inspection, I doubt I will ever be able to post pics on the interweb again, used to be easy

·
Banned
3,437 Posts
It would be easier to remove the intake manifold and send it to you for inspection, I doubt I will ever be able to post pics on the interweb again, used to be easy
put the pictures into the computer then when posting use add attachments then click down load .

this is NOT the best forum for pictures LOL..I can post pictures that are really good size quality but NOT here ...costs $$$..

good pictures do make things easier on issues ..

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
Posting pics

Been here for many years and when I first started posting pics I just attached BMP or JPG files. Then as the years passed I found PhotoBucket and that was "da bomb" and could link pics right into the text. This made for very nice threads with pics inserted right where the text mentioned something. With attachments, you can only add them to the bottom....maybe a way to do it otherwise I have not discovered?

The other problem with adding attachments is the SIZE of the File. This forum only allows you to attach JPG or BMP's of a certain size and it's pretty small....believe it's about 150K per pic max. Most pics I take are high detail of a Meg or more. So what I now do is use a product like "Snipping tool" to capture the picture and then save it as a new JPG and the size of that file is generally small enough to be accepted to upload to the forum. It's a Pain but its doable and works. Really miss the ease and look of PB pics.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Should be able to post with celly

1 - 20 of 21 Posts