Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Odd question, I know.

What size/length are the bolts that hold the suction hose and the metal hose where the orifice tube goes to the evaporator core of a TBI wagon?

All the hardware is long gone after the car got taken apart.

·
Premium Member
4,920 Posts
I can't tell if it is correct but the gm parts book suggests they were originally studs with M8-1.25 thread nuts
Near as I can see, the overpriced stud is 52455430

Maybe see if a m8-1.25 screw threads in .
If it does then measure the hole depth and hose end thickness ?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see I'm not the only late nighter here. That's right - they were studs... I remember having nuts on them. I'm sure a bolt will thread in, there's plenty of meat on the hose fittings for it to grab.

Thanks! $17 for a stud is hilarious. Even my employee cost will probably be $12. No thanks on that one...

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Once you determine the thread and size, a local screw supplier should be able to fix you up. Something like that should be less than a dollar for both the studs and flange nuts. Your other option is hit the junk yard. The 94-96 cars should have the same nuts and studs.

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
As an FYI for this thread, I recently got some hardware that I needed from Tractor Supply. They've got some of the old school bins and a scale.

I hadn't thought about Tractor Supply until I spoke with my dad concerning my need for a few bolts here and there, and I didn't want to go to Home Depot or Lowes and have to buy a package of something where I only needed one, and I didn't want to pay a ridiculous amount for some basic fasteners.

It reminded me as a kid going into the local hardware store with dad and getting stuff for the weekend work around the house.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts