Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just looking at the pictures posted by those who attended Wagon Fest 07.

Did Fred have timed events setup this year?

Who had the fastest time on the Window Roller Challenge :D

[ 07-30-2007, 01:07 AM: Message edited by: 96greengrey ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That's Fred's mechanic Ron.

There was a 50/50, but instead of a drawing we guessed how long it would take him to change a window roller.

The actual time was like 6 and a half minutes..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BTW, I spoke to Ron afterwards and he would like to add that normally when he does window rollers, he also takes the time to check and lubricate the track. "But this being a timed event and all..." :D

Ron's a good guy. He helped finish up a shift kit install on my wagon on Friday and replaced a transmission cooler line for me (the expensive one). Since there's no Harbor Freight in Waterloo, I'm going to pay him in tools the next time I stop in.

[ 07-30-2007, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: sherlock9c1 ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, Ron is a pretty cool guy. He's got one hell of a good attitude and I think he was pretty blown away by WAGONFEST '07.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by scoob8000:
That's Fred's mechanic Ron.

There was a 50/50, but instead of a drawing we guessed how long it would take him to change a window roller.

The actual time was like 6 and a half minutes..
6-1/2 minutes???

That's completely unbelievable to me!!! :eek:

Last month, when I was at Fred's shop, Ron did mine, from start to finish, in 5 minutes and I forget how many seconds. As I recall, it may have been around 5-1/2 minutes. You must have caught him on a bad day. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lyle, yours was an REAR roller on a REAR door with LOTS of room to get at it. This was a FRONT roller on a FRONT door. Far more difficult with much smaller access holes in the inner door skin. That's the difference. I'm surprised it was only 2 minutes different!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Ruphrax:
Lyle, yours was an REAR roller on a REAR door with LOTS of room to get at it. This was a FRONT roller on a FRONT door. Far more difficult with much smaller access holes in the inner door skin. That's the difference. I'm surprised it was only 2 minutes different!
Aha! That explains it. I stand corrected. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And to think, I SHOULD have guessed 7min 7sec because I just got married on 7-7. ;)

Still, that's an impressive time! I think it'd take me that long to get the panel off!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.