Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I emailed Hotchkis over the weekend to see how much a direct price would be from them. They gave me a price for all there products for the SS.

"the complete kit will cost $1552.16. This will include everything we
make
for the Impala except for the front and rear shock which will cost
$357, for
all four. If you are interested in this entire kit with the shock I can
sell
it to you for $1818.25 to you door. (If you live in Ca. tax will apply)"

What do you guys think? I would like to do the whole set up from them. Does anyone know of better parts for the money? Thanks for the help.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have the setup, except for the upper rear control arms. I love it. I am not familiar with other brands, but it is a whole new, sportier feeling. Again, Im not knocking others. Body roll is gone and launches seem firm. Then there is that solid feeling when you hit a curve. Its a great street setup as well!

I think I remember reading someplace that you can buy Hotchkis cheaper. I think they sell direct but at higher prices, so they dont undercut thier retailers.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks Thump, Anyone know where its cheaper? I would want to do the control arms as well. Thanks again.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some more info I dug up from an old post I wrote. Here is what I paid so you can get an idea.
I paid $654 for the sway bars and lca's, with most of the hardware. On top of that, I paid ~$12 (4 pcs) for new swaybar bracket bolts from the dealer.
I have had the springs in for quite a while though. That was another $230 or so, if I remember correctly. I had all my stuff in less than a week from the date ordered. I will called them myself at Hotchkis which was about 30 min away. Throw in the Bilsteins ($280 shipped) and add another $350 for a F.E. rebuild and I am close to $1600 .

All Hotchkis stuff was bought through Tom F.
Shocks @ shox.com
F.E parts were through my bro. ~$200 for all Moog parts and $150 labor installing it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts