Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, it finally happened. The passenger side heat shield mounting bracket that mounts to the near the frame rusted through. Seems these attach to the main shield support bracket and gives it some sort of side support and a place for the actual tank shield to attach to as well. It looks to be GM part #10191138 (passenger side) and #10203814 (driver's side). Seems pretty inexpensive for the part...if only GM still sold them. Once the side support rusts and then breaks, you get a lot of rattling as it now hits those ATR Pit Bull pipes! :)

Anyone know where I might get these? Or am I fabrication bound (not hard). Just figured I'd ask if anyone knew or had some tank shields laying around they weren't usin'.

Attached is an image. It's part 21 and 22. I need part 21 for sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
I believe I have a good heat shield on my 93 Roadmaster parts car. Although this Roady only has single exhaust, it's on the passenger side and it should be the same as an SS. I can remove it and get you a pic tomorrow. $15 for all the pieces + shipping?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Well, it finally happened. The passenger side heat shield mounting bracket that mounts to the near the frame rusted through. Seems these attach to the main shield support bracket and gives it some sort of side support and a place for the actual tank shield to attach to as well. It looks to be GM part #10191138 (passenger side) and #10203814 (driver's side). Seems pretty inexpensive for the part...if only GM still sold them. Once the side support rusts and then breaks, you get a lot of rattling as it now hits those ATR Pit Bull pipes! :)

Anyone know where I might get these? Or am I fabrication bound (not hard). Just figured I'd ask if anyone knew or had some tank shields laying around they weren't usin'.

Attached is an image. It's part 21 and 22. I need part 21 for sure.
I got new shields from vintage auto parts. I don't recall if they had all of them or not. Was about a year ago. Part 27 i recall was available only one side (right)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts