Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have a 95 9c1 with the Edelbrock TES Headers and Flowmaster 40 series mufflers no cats. Now I love the performance of my car and the sound is really nice just a little loud when i get on it. What would be my best option to quiet my exhaust down a bit. Should i go with a different muffler or add high flow cats?

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
From what I hear 40s are about the loudest thing going. Hooker Aeros are preferred by many, but I hear they're finally being discontinued. Cats will obviously add muffling. There's a buncha motorheads in your area you might contact to listen to theirs. Is MISSL up that way?

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
I have the super 40s on mine and it can get loud. I put on a pair of factory resonators from Rockauto.com and it cleaned up the sound from the flows a lot. As for quieting it down...Im sure it did.

WOT

·
Registered
490 Posts
Hey guys i have a 95 9c1 with the Edelbrock TES Headers and Flowmaster 40 series mufflers no cats. Now I love the performance of my car and the sound is really nice just a little loud when i get on it. What would be my best option to quiet my exhaust down a bit. Should i go with a different muffler or add high flow cats?
i got a catback flowmaster exhaust system for sale

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/F...924755+4294923429+4294920008+115&autoview=sku
been on my car for about 6years. just changed the mufflers to hooker aero chambers. Interested pm me im 5miles south of detroit.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From what I hear 40s are about the loudest thing going. Hooker Aeros are preferred by many, but I hear they're finally being discontinued. Cats will obviously add muffling. There's a buncha motorheads in your area you might contact to listen to theirs. Is MISSL up that way?
I actually bought my car from a MISSL member, i work midnights so i was up thinking about it. Im probably going to listen to a few of the guys exhaust at our next meet.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i got a catback flowmaster exhaust system for sale

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/F...924755+4294923429+4294920008+115&autoview=sku
been on my car for about 6years. just changed the mufflers to hooker aero chambers. Interested pm me im 5miles south of detroit.
hey chacho will u have ur car at the next MISSL meeting? I want to hear those hooker aero chambers before i make my decesion. I missed the last few meetings my job had me working weekends but thats now over so i should be at the meet next week.

·
Registered
490 Posts
My car is at the shop getting revived lol, so I dont think it will be ready for the next meeting. and I wont be hooking up the exhaust, do to me having to to have to remove when it comes home so I can shoping for the next setup. Not gonna lie though it loved the way it sounded ,but I had a 383 in the car. Its sounded great imo, Just wanna do about a 2 1/2-3" on it now so wanna sell whats there now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts