Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Export Pipes

2K views 64 replies 0 participants last post by  JZ9C1LT1 
G
#1 ·
So it is said that the "Export Pipes" (http://www.impalasuperstore.com/naisso/superstore40/shopexd.asp?id=687) are discontinued from GM.
I took this into consideration and emailed a great custom exhaust company, Pype's Exhaust.
They said that to make a new product such as this for the aftermarket, it takes several hours. It would also need to sell 50 units in by a group purchase or by a retailer.
So, what I am asking here, is there anybody here that would be interested in this product?? The good thing about it is it would be mandrel bent most likely because that's what Pype's is known for.
Thanks,
-Marc-

G
#2 ·
We already did the custom fabrication and we'll sell them 1 set at a time not 50. We are only waiting for our flanges as we already have the Mandrel bent tubing in stock. Though the first run we are doing will be aluminized steel with mild steel flanges, we can also do 304 stainless with stainless flanges.

G
#5 ·
Bump. Im going in the 14th for custom cat back. Would love to bolt these up before I go in and show up the muffler guy that know everything. Tells me that the cats are needed or it will mess up the PCM. I just laughed. I tried tho. He doesnt want to touch the cats. :(

G
#6 ·
Yea they usually will not unless you got a buddy that wouldn't mind doing it on the side for you.
I was going to do that but I found some old cats that I am going to have him just cut and put a new piece of pipe in between.
I thought a O2 simulator was needed for this?
Later
Jeremy

G
#8 ·
Originally posted by 96palapaxtonblown:
Yea they usually will not unless you got a buddy that wouldn't mind doing it on the side for you.
I was going to do that but I found some old cats that I am going to have him just cut and put a new piece of pipe in between.
I thought a O2 simulator was needed for this?
Later
Jeremy
I usually always had a source but they do only 4x4s nowadays because that is big down south now and really have no time to put me in so I just went to my local small time muffler guy here to do it for me. He is a little old school tho? Once I break him in Ill have him doing whatever I want.

If you got a 96 yes you need O2 sims or program the rears out.

Dan any prices yet?

G
#12 ·
Guys,
I'm trying very hard to catch-up on everything; production, shipping, emails, PM's, phone messages, etc. I took some time off last week and flew to Cleveland for an up and coming service, more later so don't ask!
Now I am paying for it.

We have had everything in stock to do the exports for a couple months now but no source on the factory style flange that bolts to the cat-back. At this point I guess I just need to get these done and get prices to everyone. Please be patient and give me until next week. But, don't hestitate to remind me! Like I said, I have a lot of catching up to do...

G
#15 ·
Originally posted by DEVIL.DOG:
Guys,
I'm trying very hard to catch-up on everything; production, shipping, emails, PM's, phone messages, etc. I took some time off last week and flew to Cleveland for an up and coming service, more later so don't ask!
Now I am paying for it.

We have had everything in stock to do the exports for a couple months now but no source on the factory style flange that bolts to the cat-back. At this point I guess I just need to get these done and get prices to everyone. Please be patient and give me until next week. But, don't hestitate to remind me! Like I said, I have a lot of catching up to do...
Actually I'd end up hacking the cat flanges off anyway, because I'm fitting them in my Monte carlo. Could you sell them to me like this?
THanks
-Marc-

G
#17 ·
Hi Dan,
Thanks for the reply. The pipes come with the flanges that go to the exhaust manifolds, right? They are the ones I need on there. The flanges that go on that connect to the rest of the exhaust I don't need. I just wanted to clarify. Do they come with 02 sensor fittings Also, what size pipe are you using?
Thanks,
-Marc-
p.s. I just started my new job, so I'll have to order on Friday, aka Payday.

G
#21 ·
2.5 inch, excellent!! I wont need an adaptor then. I definatly want to order a set. Can you PM or email me a price? I wanna make my order tomorrow, do you prefer by phone?
Thanks again Dan,
-Marc-

G
#22 ·
The problem with cutting the stock GM flanges off at the outlet is the size. The stock tubing is 2 1/4" where as we are using 2 1/2". So the flange will not slide over the tubing. We can use our standard ball flange but they lack the extra bolt holes for support. Basically you guys will have to add a support bracket at the outlet. Drivers side will already have a clamp but the passeneger side wont.

Does this make sense?
Also, right now all tubing is aluminized. 304 stainless will be available but not for a few weeks at the earliest.

G
#23 ·
Dan, if you have the ball flange w/o the bracket, it no big deal. Some auto part stores sell a c-clip style bracket that holds the ball flange to the cat back exhaust. I am using this set up in my car now for 2 yrs. I'm using the 2 1/4 now but I think they had different dia's.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.