Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, MY 96 ROADIE just developed a extended start cranking for may 3 seconds when before it was super quick. why?

please give me a list of issues and i will reply with the things ive done. thankscwm6

·
Premium Member
1,285 Posts
i had that just before the fuel pump calfed out - also check fuel pressure at idle with the index line off should be mid 40's for psi if low your pump is dying

·
Registered
858 Posts
Extended Crank When Cold Starting

i had that just before the fuel pump calfed out - also check fuel pressure at idle with the index line off should be mid 40's for psi if low your pump is dying
Are you SURE about that pressure? Seems kind of high.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Are you SURE about that pressure? Seems kind of high.
That actually sounds right. I have a friend that has the same problem, hard starting when cold, and I hooked a FP gauge up and pulled the vacuum reference elbow off and got ~45psi.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Anti-drainback valve in the pump, mine did the long crank thing for a year before the pump died. I just turn the key to on a couple of times then hit start, fired right up almost normal most of the time.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
so what about when it takes a while when its warm?

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Mine started doing that a couple of months ago....until last week when my battery died, new battery,... start's like new.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts