Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm replacing my fuel pump but i don'twant to use a intank fuelpump.i live in FL so i'm not worry about salt or weather,i want to mount it up under the bumper.can any one help me out with this?i need some suggestion,thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The fuel tank is easily removed on this car and the readily availalble Walbro intank pumps can supply a serious amount of power. What you are looking to do would add signifigant cost and hassle. If looking to build some wild amount of power then this can be a good idea otherwise I would just upgrade the intank a good wrench can do it in an hour.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks 96capricemgr for ur response i plan on keeping this car for a long time and don't want to drop the tank again,i'm really on a budgete and cost is a concern,i did'nt look into the cost i throught it would cost same,so i will stick with the aeromotive intank upgrade kit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The intank walbros are around $100 or so if you found a external cheaper than that you would go over that amount on the plumbing supplies and playing with the wiring.

I would suggest Racetronix for the pump and wiring kit. I tried doing my own wiring upgrade and spent nearly as much as the harness costs when buying the pump and the results are much less proffessional.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doing an external fuel pump will require fabricating a sump or installing a fuel cell, which is pricey and unnecessary for mild applications.

If you're talking about an inline fuel pump, the fuel volume won't increase since the weaker pump is going to be the restriction. These only make sense with high fuel pressures such as a dry N2O shot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.