Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Selling my parts, decided my wagon is too crusty to upgrade. I bought Hellwig sway bars and Global West LCAs for Tom Frederico when he still owned B-Body Performance. These bars are larger than what you normally see on JEGS etc. I paid over $300 for each.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Brand new in box, never installed
Hellwig 1 3/8” front sway bar w hardware (all b-bodies) - $225 plus shipping
Hellwig 1 1/14” rear sway bar (WAGON) - $225 plus shipping
Global West LCA's (all b-bodies) - $225 ($317 @ Jegs) plus shipping
These are not new, but good condition used factory IMPALA SS parts (according to my seller)
3:42 ring gear/pinion - used - $80 plus shipping
Factory G80 - $100 plus shipping

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
re: ring & pinion

Ring = 41
Pinion = 12
41/12 = 3.41666 or 3:42
Not sure if pinion is reluctor compatible. Anyone?
-------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
341 Posts
Bump for someone who held the parts for me, I feel like a douche but I tried 6 ways from Sunday to stick with the purchase but something came up last minute (like it always does!) I apologise to my fellow forum member. Good luck with the sale and if you still have them in a month or so, I'll be all over it. Sorry

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How do you "rebuild" a stock Auburn?
Not sure what you mean...never said it was a stock auburn. I think I have a used G80 (prob not rebuilt), with used 3:42's. i'm at the mercy of the dude who sold me this stuff. Still waiting for someone to tell me if the ring and pinion are reluctor compatible. No answer yet. i'm not an advanced user...

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Not sure what you mean...never said it was a stock auburn. I think I have a used G80
The stock G80 in a Caprice, Roadmaster or an Impala SS is and Auburn unit. G80 RPO on other platforms can get different units, however (like the Eaton Gov-Lock, and that isn't a gov-lock).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Sorry folks for being clueless on the ring/pinion/diff....thought i knew what was sold to me.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
PM sent for Hellwigs and LCAs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts