Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Junkyard...oops!..I mean recycle center. :D

But really, if you want to save a few bucks call around your local junkyards and see if they have any. I paid $12 for mine a couple of years ago.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Marty, have you by chance tried Dal yet? I know GM quit producing them, bbut he has come up with other non-available parts.

Check Year One and all of those Camaro restoration places.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dal hasn't had them for a long time.

BMR and National Parts Depot both offer clones of the bar for around $120ish

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, but the guy that owns BVPERFORMANCE is someone you should avoid giving money to at all costs. Same dude who was involved in trying to steal business from Bryan H with a sound-a-like domain name a while back and several other thread that made it clear he's not somebody you'd ever want to do business with.

Heck, even his current web page still has a veiled dig on Bryans work...

It's nice to see he lowered the price on his bars a little bit (though he still gets $40 per bar more for the rears than Malibu does). When it was originally pointed out to him he was getting a lot more for his bars than the ones he copied them off of (NPDs bar front... even has the same gold paint on it...hmmm... and HA/HO rear) that thread turned into his flaming and making veiled threats too...

naah... spend the extra $9 with NPD... you'll be glad you did.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You might want to consider going with a slightly stuffer bar up front...from the ultimate experienced drivers point of view, the F-Body front, HA/HO rear is a good setup...but for most other drivers, a stiffer batr up front will help to make sure the car always tends towards understeer a bit more...which is MUCH easier to correct for when you aren't expecting it, and MUCH easier to control for those who aren't the ultimate driver...I intend to go stiffer than the F-Body front in my car eventually.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.