Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well here is my problem. they dude that had the car before put a f body motor in. so the crank pulley sets back about 1/4 of an inch. i was wondering how to correct that.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
To add , you need the impala hub for the year the "F" body engine is from. That is to say if the engine is from a 96 or 97 "F". You need a 96 Impala hub even if your car is a 94-95. If the "F" engine is 95 or older, you need a 94-95 impala hub

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Anyone know where to get the keyed hubs for the 94-5 Impala (4.09") BESIDES thunder racing (they are backordered). Thanks.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have converted my two '94 F-body engine optis to be vented.
They still have the spline drive but without a close inspection they would appear to be the vented type. I know some have also installed "conversion" kits. I know the possibility is small but ...

The F-body banancer is different in that it doesn't have the three tapped holes. I don't know if that is the only difference.
F-body balancer: http://shbox.com/1/pull_pulley.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
The F-body banancer is different in that it doesn't have the three tapped holes. I don't know if that is the only difference.
I think you will find that once the 94 "B" damper showed up the the early "F" damper was phased out at some point. I have worked on original 96 "F" cars with the additional holes.
Looks like
# 12551138 is listed now for 93-97 "F" and 94-96 "B"+"D"
Of coarse the LT4 "F" is different but they are so rare listings ignore them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts