Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guy at the junk yard said that it was an '84 firebird. I checked the front swaybar with the micrometer and it was 32mm so I pulled the sucker out, took it home, sand-blasted, painted & bought new hardware from Dal.
I tried to install it today. First I connected each of the end-links finger tight then when I tried to match up the bushings with the frame holes I discovered that the bar is about an inch narrower on the center flat section and I couldn't get the bushing mounts lined up so I had to reinstall the stock bar.
Did I miss something?
I thought that a 32mm front bar from any '80-'91 firebird or camaro on a 96 SS????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Right cars, wrong decade... the F-body front bar that everyone loves for the Impala is the 2nd gen bar, which was 1970-1981... as far as I know the 3rd gen bars don't fit... sorry...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OOPS! Thanks for the correction, Knightshade...guess I just need to invent a swaybar stretcher. I only need another inch.

For sale: Front swaybar for '84 Firebird. Very clean. Freshly painted...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.