Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1 1/4 F body sway bar for the front and will get new end links for it but what do I do out back to improve the handling? Bigger bar? From who or what?
Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You should be fine out back for a bit, but if you do get the mod bug soon, or just have a bad case right now, you have to upgrade your rear lower control arms before adding a larger rear sway bar. When you take the stock LCA's off, you'll understand why. I have BMR LCA's and a 1.5" BMR rear bar wtih an F-body front bar. I love the way it handles and you will too

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the fbody front bar,, and from what Ive been told the Hellwig rear bar is a good match.(sigh) another part on my wish list...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have an f-body front bar and a HA rear bar. I really like it.

I would be careful running the f-body bar with a stock rear bar. I did that for a short time. My car pushed REAL bad. I hit a hard corner one time getting through a yellow light and could barely get the car to turn! Frankly, with a stock bar in the rear, I think my car handled better with a stock front as opposed to the f-body front.

Once you stiffen up the rear bar you are really going to be in for a treat! :D

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by BAD ROD:
I would be careful running the f-body bar with a stock rear bar. I did that for a short time. My car pushed REAL bad.
Mike
Man you could have not said it better.... Im running an F body front bar and it sometimes can be a pain in the [email protected]@! It handles, but it sure is a change from stock. I'm almost tempted to throw my stock front back on until I do something out back.
J

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.