Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my traction control stopped working. Is there a Fuse, or something on the rear-end, or something i can diosconnect to DISABLE this POS system for good? i need help ASAP, this is REALLY aggravating....

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, and when i start the car, the TRACTION CONTROL light goes on/off on the dash, like every other light on there. Please help me get rid of this SOON!!!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, if I understand this correctly it's effectively disabled as you wish and the light is not staying on to bother you. Exactly what more were you requesting at this point?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, the traction control stays ON so i cannot spin tire. this is REALLY frustrating..i can click the "Traction Control" button in my glove box 10000x and it wont do anything. This just started last week....

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by 96Brougham:
Well my traction control stopped working.
Ok, so your traction control button stopped working. Maybe you reached its life duty cycle at 10000 hits.

It may be an urban legend, but I thought I heard something about the button function on earlier years being different, - like you have to hold it down several seconds for it to disengage, or, you could only use the button once per ignition on (or something like that). EDIT: Dam! I just noticed you have a '96... Anyone else?

Now, if the switch just up and plain broke, then it sounds like a trip to the junkyard or Radio Shack is in your future.

Since the ABS and TC are tied together, I would advise against pulling fuses. This ain't exactly the size and mass of car you want to be driving around with without the anti-lock brakes in top form. :wink:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by 96 Black:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 96Brougham:
Well my traction control stopped working.
Ok, so your traction control button stopped working. Maybe you reached its life duty cycle at 10000 hits.

It may be an urban legend, but I thought I heard something about the button function on earlier years being different, - like you have to hold it down several seconds for it to disengage, or, you could only use the button once per ignition on (or something like that). EDIT: Dam! I just noticed you have a '96... Anyone else?

Now, if the switch just up and plain broke, then it sounds like a trip to the junkyard or Radio Shack is in your future.

Since the ABS and TC are tied together, I would advise against pulling fuses. This ain't exactly the size and mass of car you want to be driving around with without the anti-lock brakes in top form. :wink:
</font>[/QUOTE]Yah, i hear that, brakes are def. important! Its just that it worked 100% of the time, and now nothing..

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im sick of this f*cking car.its like one thing after another.. my CEL comes on for the MAF, replace that, and the light stays on. I get all new brake lines, a new Master Cylinder, and rotors/calipers.pads in the front, and the brakes still arent right. Then my radio fcuks up, so i get an aftermarket one. Then i back into my girls car, now my Traction Control wont turn off, and JUST NOW i go to autozone and they try 2 dif. OBD II readers, and neither of them work, meaning the thing in my car they attatch the reader to is junk, or something. Has anybody else ever just wanted to sell their car and start fresh? im at the point of giving up, i dont even want to work on this piece anymore....

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can unplug it from under the hood. The light on the dash will always be on, but that is because it is disabled.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by cadillac94pimpin:
You can unplug it from under the hood. The light on the dash will always be on, but that is because it is disabled.
PLEASE tell me how to do this!! i dont care about the light, give me some insight, please!!

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hears what I know. When my fuel regulator messed up on my Fleetwood; the car was running for sh!t! It was running so lean that I could hardly keep it running, then the traction control light came on an I’m like “GREAT ! NOW WHAT THE F$%^K ! .. When I made it home I got my scan tool out and it wouldn’t talk to the car either; Then I kept playing with the scan tool and found a second computer option and BINGO the scan tool started talking to the car. My guess is the guy at Autozone probably didn’t know how to find that option on his scanner. Why is the traction control light on for a fuel regulator problem you ask? ;) I have no clue. Just that you probably have some other problem and that is causing the traction control problem. Find someone that can tell you why the CEL is on. Go to a good garage or the dealer if you have to; fix the problems you know exist first to get the CEL to stay off then see if the other problems have fix them selves.

Kenny

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok i did this in like 2 minutes im probably gonna have to take a pic of mine if u cant figure it out. Riight by the black thing that the throttle cable connects to below it is a quick discconect cable just unplug it. Thats it.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That did the trick!! thanks guys for you help.. also, this did not disable my ABS because it is snowing here in MA so i floored it up my driveway and jammed on the brakes, and they did what theyre supposed to do. Problem solved!! thanks guys

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
maybe this will help somebody who wants to disable theres, the quick connect is VERY easy to find. Took these pics with my camera phone just now.
Its right under the part where the throttle cable enters, like the above picture show

pulled away after disconnected

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now this is what you do if you never want to flip the T/C switch again. It's permantley disabled :D

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thought it was tied to the ABS system so it knows some wheels are spining faster than others?
I've read where an ABS problem will also trigger the traction light. YES? NO?

Mikey

1 - 16 of 16 Posts