Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search....did not come up with anything. Where can I find fabric to cover the boxes and such in the trunk? I would like for it to look like the stuff thats already there. I looked at the fabric store, Wally world and Pepboys with no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Murray

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got mine at Menards. Its alot cheaper and you can buy as much or as little as you want. The one you get at pepboys and advanceauto is not as good as the one you can obtain at menards.. IMHO

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info! What section is it located in? Our Menards is new and very big....kinda confusing in there.

Murray

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its located with all the carpets.. Its in a big roll...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I went to Menards and picked up enough for the whole trunk for a little over $8. Nice sale going on right now. $.18 per sqft. Now....I just need to find some sound deading stuff.

Murray

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by BBHP#13:
Thanks for the info. I went to Menards and picked up enough for the whole trunk for a little over $8. Nice sale going on right now. $.18 per sqft. Now....I just need to find some sound deading stuff.

Murray
Hardware store for that too... Grace Ice/water shield... same stuff as Dynamat, MUCH MUCH cheaper... it'll be in the roofing section (got mine at Home Depot)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You know, I looked at that Ice shield stuff. Sounds good but I have no idea what I would do with 33 feet of that stuff! Do you know if it comes in smaller rolls?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by BBHP#13:

Murray
NP! Glad to be of help..

OH and Knightshade , thank you fr that tip... Ill have to get me sum of that stuff.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Went to HD for that ice shield stuff. Asked the guy about what they had on the shelf. He said it was what I was looking for........WRONG! This stuff has the shingle rock on it......Oh well.....time to take it back and go to Menards.......

Don't look at HD for ice shield....they don't carry it in any name.

Murray

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
and yet I got mine at HD...

inventory likely varies by region of country

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got mine at a local upholstery shop. They sold foam and all kinds of auto interior stuff... I found them in the yellow pages under the upholstery section. The fabric matches the stock trunk material nearly perfectly, but is much more flexible (much easier to work with). I think it was like $9 per yard. Once you find some, make sure you get enough. It would suck to run out when you are 3/4 of the way done. And remember - measure twice and cut once!

TR

1 - 12 of 12 Posts