Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Fact, the camaros and vettes had the non vented back in 94 I think. Thats what confuses people.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
I have a 1994 9C1 with a factory installed non-vented optispark! At least one car on this planet did come from the factory that way.

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
I have a 1994 9C1 with a factory installed non-vented optispark! At least one car on this planet did come from the factory that way.
My guess is that your 9C1 had a non-vented opti engine (F- or Y-body) installed as a maintenance replacement by the state/county/village that originally owned it.

Unless, or course, you want to try convincing us that you are the original owner of said, 9C1.....

KW

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is the factory intake elbow still in place? Does it have provisions for a vent harness? If it is factory non vented, I would assume there would be no hole for the harness to plug into the elbow.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Last thing I am going to say on this subject. 1994 Caprice Optispark Vacuum Harness is GM part #12550627(based on my personal 9C1 VIN number) which is Obsolete and discontinued. 1995-1996 B-Body Optispark Vacuum Harness is GM part #12555323 which is what we have available. I am DONE agrueing here.

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
So GM randomly changed a part number due to something as inconsequential as a 1/8th addition in hose length, or a metal clamp in place of a plastic one...or for no reason any mere mortal will ever know. God knows that's never happened before.

Whatever, the question isn't a discontinued part #, which means nothing at all, but whether any 94+ B's had a factory nonvented. All I can say to that is in all the ones that came thru the lots and auction and shop over more than a decade that I had reason to look at I never once saw such a creature.

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
simple enough. Take picture of intake elbow. Non Vented would not have vent hole in intake. Also remove electrical connector from pass side opti, and take a picture of it. Or take picture of front of opti cap to show missing vent tube.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
So GM randomly changed a part number due to something as inconsequential as a 1/8th addition in hose length, or a metal clamp in place of a plastic one...or for no reason any mere mortal will ever know. God knows that's never happened before.
And if I listed them on Ebay swearing they would work on a 1994 someone would call me a lier for that so I can not win here and I really don't care. IT IS WHAT IT IS!

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
And if I listed them on Ebay swearing they would work on a 1994 someone would call me a lier for that so I can not win here and I really don't care. IT IS WHAT IT IS!
With Feebay's feedback system you're going o get screwed anyway. But the fact is nobody that buys one and uses it and is honest is going to give you bad feedback(especially if you note the part number issue) and anyone who just wants to write you nasty emails doesn't matter anyway.

The great truth here "If it fits it fits". Part #'s and interchange manuals are great references but they are not the final word on much of anything. Especially three random pieces of vac line, two connectors, a clamp and a check valve.

Pointless example: I had a 70 T-bird. Maybe a 69, whatever, it had the "Landau" style top with the Pontiac nose. The rollers were bad in the passenger door and the wife busted the window one day...in January. I knew where two more were, but they were either the wrong year or not Landau's, I can't remember. Either way, the window looked right but the interchange said no way.

I tried it anyway. Perfect fit. The "difference"? Mine had a fancy little chrome trim piece on the glass edge all the way around and these didn't. Same piece of glass. Worked the same...and I wound up salvaging my trim piece and stuck it to the "absolutely would not fit" window. ANY difference, no matter how meaningless results in a different part # and, usually, a negative interchange. The only way to be certain is to actually look.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
http://www.rmsautoparts.com/proddetail.php?prod=12555323

I've had this Harness on my 94 LT1 for 2 years now with ZERO problems. It is the only number available so I would say this number REPLACES the old one. I believe it is safe to tell people it will work on their 94 Caprice/Roadmaster/Impala since that year was available with a vented Opti. The world will not end, people will not mess with your precious, albeit USELESS (people rarely leave it anyways) eBay feedback.

It will all be ok.

On a side note, when I bought my Harness it was less than $30. They have really went up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts