Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a '96 caprice for sale with DCM and tan leather. As far as I can tell its not a respray (weathered,jambs,trunk etc). I know anything is possible but a factory option?

Has anyone swapped a in a 94-96 dash into a 91-93? My wife hates the dash in our '92 LTZ.

Klode's salvage in Casper WY. has a complete 93 bonne with good tan leather, the salvage title and both bags blown the whole car should go for around approx $500.

Thanks swdobbs

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
yes theres such thing is a dcm caprice..sorry cant help you with the dash situation though

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its true swdobbs, like 4doorSS said there are DCM Caprices....i own one...came like this from the factory in 93. :D
I was wondering about that dash thing too....so guys , can u? :confused:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, you can but... you'll need the entire inner dash structure, the heater ducting, wiring harnesses, etc, etc.
Basically, it'd be a ton of work and cost a lot of money for the swap. If she absolutely can't stand it, you'd probably be better off trading up to a LT1 powered 94-96 car. :(

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know where I saw the pictures of a 92 or thereabouts Roadmaster instument cluster installed in an older (91 or 92?) Caprice? It is a natural. Looks great and apparently fairly easy. I can't find the post now but I thought it was on this forum.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'll go one up:

I have a 1995 DCM 9C1 Caprice

Dave

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've got an olds custom cruiser cluster in my car, and I have a pin diagram for those of you who aren't afraid of solder. =)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey McThag, how about some pics of that Olds cluster. I am going to do the Buick cluster swap in my 93 Caprice wagon, but always like seeing what everyone else is doing. I have a pic of the cluster in Randode's car. If anyone would like to see it, I can email it to them. TIA!

Rahn
93 Woody Wagon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts