Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a stainless steel catback from clear image installed and I’m wondering what to do with my old system.. is there any point in keeping it? it’s in pretty good condition came off a low mile car but thinking of selling it or scrapping it cause it’s just taking up space

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Definitely don't pitch if you managed to disconnect everything without any cutting. The clamp distortions ended my hopes of salvaging the pipes decades ago when getting my SLP S.S. That said, 2/1/4" flows very well until getting into serious add-ons, BUT not oem crimped type with the seriously restricted bends. That said, I used only s.s. band clamps on my Summit replacement catback last year, and those could be configured for yours even if cut up. But they're $7-10 each.

I did save the manifolds and ended up replacing one on a FWB years later that had cracked. Look up their prices new and decide if worth selling. Same for cats. Lots of guys seem to want as cheap a repair as possible for replacement parts, so someone local may be attracted to yours if documented v. low miles compared to old junk in a JY.

Also, anyone with a never-touched 20k miler probably won't need yours, but think of all the other guys trying to do a 100-point rebuild. Or even a guy who doesn't want to replace one damaged piece with mild steel, or pay the new price in s.s.

Cliffs: Lots of Buts, with some, "It depends." thrown in.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I seem to recall seeing documentation [on 9C1.com] in the early 2000s citing that RPO N10 dual exhaust is worth 20 horse on a 94 Caprice with a 4.3L L99 V8.

In any case, an LT1's dual exhaust is possibly the only worthy upgrade for an L99 car.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I just bought AP Performance stock replacement catback. If I knew there is one in Toronto, I would make a trip to get yours instead of AP. I’m from Montreal. Is it still uncut one piece? By all means, please don’t scrap it, I’m tempted...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts