Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used FatMat? It's a lot cheaper than Dynamat... Just curious.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Has anyone used FatMat? It's a lot cheaper than Dynamat... Just curious.

I used it to double layer the inside of the SS from the roof to the floor. Also double layered the trunk. Laid out very well. The car is TIGHT and quiet!

Initially, had a pretty strong tar smell, but now i just get a little bit of it on hot days. I plan on using it on the Datsun too.

Dynamat IS a better product, but the FatMat worked fine for me and I will use it again and recommend it. It is a LOT cheaper!

Tim

EDIT:
Raammat. The best I have used.

http://www.raamaudio.com/

It is on sale too.
Good stuff too! Definitely another option!

·
Registered
8,569 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Fatmat is some good stuff

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies guys.

Yeah i would love to use Dynamat or RaamMat but it's just too pricey as i'm somewhat on a budget.

I already have new carpet from the previous owner and didn't feel like ripping it out to do the floor, so i'm only gonna do the doors and trunk. In comparing prices it looks like Fatmat has the best deals. (50 sq feet for $79.99 shipped). And if you guys think it's good then it's a go.

Really appreciate the feedback!

·
Registered
650 Posts
FatMat will be fine. I done my whole trunk two years ago. No problems. I agree you will notice a tar smell at first, but it will nost last forever.

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
R&R newer carpeting should not be a big undertaking. The seats and console have already been out once and all the trimming's done. Pretty much a repeat plop n drop from there.

I never really noticed that much a tar smell. Everyone's different.

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
I used the Stinger Roadkill. Very easy to apply and it stays put. I cut the crap out of my hand a couple of time on it, lol.

I found it online for about $100 for the expert bulk kit.

·
Registered
288 Posts
FatMat Door Kit

I used FatMat on my front doors and was the first time I have ever used this kind of stuff. Yes the smell of it will be around for awhile but it does go away after awhile. After putting it on my two doors the sound was so much better.

:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
mat

I used Eastwoods sound deading material,it was enough to do the whole floor for about $139.
I have not driven with it but it looks good and has no smell,at all.
Thanks Paul.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I bought the 100sqft of fatmax and it did my whole floor trunk and rear tray. For the price you can't beat it. I think I paid $140 for 100sqft opposed to $200 for 32sqft of dynamat. I'm my opinion it works just as good.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I used FatMat on my front doors and was the first time I have ever used this kind of stuff. Yes the smell of it will be around for awhile but it does go away after awhile. After putting it on my two doors the sound was so much better.

:cool:

Great pics. Looks good :)

I'm not looking forward to having to deal with the wiring for the windows/door switches, but oh well, gonna take off the panels this weekend.

Thanks again for the input guys.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Ive used both fatmat and Raamat. Raamat was much thicker and deadened better. Fatmat was easier to work with.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts