Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this section or Drivetrain section is correct for this post, anyway.....

Getting ready to redo my Suspension and while I'm at it I thought it would be a good time to upgrade my Civi-Caprice steering box 3.5 turns (140K) to a 2.5 turn box found in the 9C1's. I found these available through AdvanceAutoParts for only $138. Here is the link --->> http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...-Fenco_18340039-P_255_R|GRPSTERAMS_1526249456____

Plus I have a $20 off coupon for anything over $100 so for $118, lifetime warranty, this seems like a sweet deal, rather than dealing with some unknown used part.

Just want to see what others may have used these and what you thought of this brand. I did a search on the Forum for "Fenco Steering" and only found this old link which sort of died. http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=252033&highlight=fenco+steering

The other research I've done on the WWW for them seems like all the reviews have been pretty positive. Any thoughts on this part?

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Crazy Core charge

I know that sure is steep for a Core and look at how much cheaper the std. units core charge is. I hope they don't check my old unit too closely and see a difference between the 2.

Depending on who is working there, I could probably throw a brick in the box and they wouldn't be the wiser. Would like to keep my old unit and rebuild it later, but not for the cost of $160

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
do a google search on Advance Coupon codes, they have various amount depending on how much you spend, I know you can use BIG35, that will knock off 35 bucks. I use the coupon codes purchase the items online and go to the store to pickup the items so I dont pay shipping. I have saved a lot of money doing this lately.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.