Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of re-assembly. The body shop didn't align the fenders well. Do the clip-on nuts for the fenders attach to the fender or the INNER fender / support? Does the fender mount with the trailing edge outside - towards the leading edge of the door, or does it mount behind the inner fender support?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,984 Posts
I am in the process of re-assembly. The body shop didn't align the fenders well. Do the clip-on nuts for the fenders attach to the fender or the INNER fender / support? Does the fender mount with the trailing edge outside - towards the leading edge of the door, or does it mount behind the inner fender support?

Thanks!
If I'm reading your question right, the Speed Nuts mount to the Fender and the Inner Fender (Metal Wheel Housing) bolts to the underside of the Fender. The MWH sits toward the tire side I guess to help protect the Fender. The "Wheel Well Trim" piece screws onto the fender in aprox. 8 places and sort of follows the outline of the Inner Fender at the bottom rear.

I can post some pics of mine if it helps.

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man - It took me a couple of hours, but I got it back on. The body shop moved things around and the door was contacting the inner fender support when it opened. Had to remove all of it and start over. Those torx heads in the doorjamb are a bugger....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts