Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's my problem here? I think the car was hit before or my fender is messed up.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
I think the problem is twofold (and it's common)...a LOT of people adjust the drivers door in far too tight to the body (look how close yours is compared to the passenger side, that looks correct) to get try to get rid of some of the wind noise from the spotlight hole...then they mess with the fender to try to make it look correct...and it just turned into a sh|tshow from there.

Take a better look at how the doors line up...start with the rear doors being properly aligned to the roof and rear quarters...then get the fronts even with the rears at the front door latch, and straight with the roof, and make sure the whole b-pillar seam between doors is even and not too tight...then it's easy to make the front fenders align with the doors, and set the gap between the hood.

You almost CANNOT make the hood gap even with the fenders for it's full length...every B-Body I've looked at, the gap is loose near the hinges, tight halfway down the hood, and loose near the headlights again (even on very low mileage cars that the original owner has had since new, and I know have never been destroyed or even bumped...like my uncles 12K mile 94 SS)...the way your passenger side fender/hood looks is totally normal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts