Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have a few problems with my electrical system in my car that i want figured out.

1: my interior lights dont turn on when the door opens and come on whenver they feel like sometimes when im driving.

2: trunk release button does not work

anyone know what this is? blown fuses? shorts?

thanks!

7,191 Posts
Man it could be anything you stated. automotive eletrical is hell in a handbag. save your money and take it to someone that specializes in just that. ....... oh save your money for real the good ones are not cheap.

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
The interior lights could be a couple things. The dimmer switch shorting could be the reason the lights come on at random. The instrument cluster is on half of the switch and the interor lights are on the other half. If the lights come on with some doors and not others, it could be the switch in the door that does not work. Those are the two things I would check first. You do have power to the circuit, so it is not the fuse.

The trunk release is most likely the ground for the popper, or it could be the popper itself is stuck/not working. Use a VOM to check for voltage at the popper. If it has voltage it is the ground. If not, it could be the switch or the release relay. You should have an FSM to find the location of the parts in the car.

You can check the fuses, but most fuses serve multiple circuits, so something else usually does not work on that same circuit. In the case of the trunk popper, the door locks would not work if it is the fuse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts