Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What up everyone! It's been a long time since I've posted on the forum, but here it is. I finally finished my Caprice. I sprayed the paint and clear, did all the fiberglass, and a lil airbrushin on the glove box. Basically I did everything but the upholstery. I added a few bolt on's, and threw in some bonnies before the interior was wrapped up. Check it out lmk what you think of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
What up everyone! It's been a long time since I've posted on the forum, but here it is. I finally finished my Caprice. I sprayed the paint and clear, did all the fiberglass, and a lil airbrushin on the glove box. Basically I did everything but the upholstery. I added a few bolt on's, and threw in some bonnies before the interior was wrapped up. Check it out lmk what you think of it.
...Clean as a whistle!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
the fact that you did most of the work makes me love it, but the color makes me hate it

nice work :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
the fact that you did most of the work makes me love it, but the color makes me hate it

nice work :)
^^ My thoughts WOLF, definitely clean all around. The color is not to my liking, but nonetheless sweet ride. The rims look good 2

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
really nice job bro. PM your number since your in GA. i'd pay you to make me a custom box or even some fiberglass work. hit me up.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Great work OutKaSST..... !!!
Awesome look for a 94' with the shaved trunk lock and wheel well delete.
Paint looks smooth as ICE !
-ALF out...

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
Not my first choice in colors but even that could grow on me. It's clean and not laying on the ground, too. Just the way I like em.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Awesome that you did the work yourself!!!

Throw some tint on it and you got a sweet ride.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
What is that color - is it butterscotch? I think I like it because I have never seen it before.
I painted a room with a caramel color once. It was damn hard not to lick the paint when it was whet, but my life coach boldly told me that my paint drinking days were over, and she checks my tongue every day. :mad:

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the replies so far.. I have to say that the forum is by far the most negative comments Ive had on the paint, PERIOD. I'm surprised. Well not really, thats what happens when you dont spray it black i guess. lol ANYWAY..... The color doesnt get much justice from the pics, it is the best I could come up with to match my copper penny inserts. I was going for a brand new penny kinda color. LIBeasst - i dont want tint, i put too much time into interior to hide it. bigbadwolf - what color can i spray it to make YOU love it ? ? rematar - its called desert pearl it flips to a more gold color in midday sun w a pink pearl in the evening sun. 96dreamss - I'd like some new shoes for it, but I have a 65 continental, and a 99ranger minitruk to finish. Thanks for all opinions positive or negative. DARE to be DIFFERENT !

·
Registered
340 Posts
i like the color and the glass house roll. i really love the wheels though. what are they ?

·
Registered
522 Posts
DARE to be DIFFERENT !
How dare you! :D J/K

Looks freakin' sweet!

LOVE the interior!

DOOR PANELS? Explain!

Did you smooth all interior plastic panels?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Good on you for doing most of the work yourself. I have to agree with the others about the color though, it's not really my cup of tea, but clean nonetheless. The interior looks to have a little much going on, but that's just my personal taste. Definitely much respect and a damn good job.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
I'll start by just saying, "as long as you like it..."

However, this is a perfect example where a well thought out idea helps greatly.

Looking at the car, I have trouble finding a flow. Lots of nice touches and parts, but as my eyes sweep throughout the car there is always something that pops out and disrupts my visual inspection/appreciation.

The glove box "artwork", the huge box sticking out right against the nice fiberglass backing. The fact that time was spent to shave the rear wheel wells, but not to delete the antenna or install a power one and to update the side mirrors to the window pocket instead of the doors.

The colors aren't in my "paint set", but I guess they go together.

:) Just some constructive criticism. And yeah, those wheels are not helping...chrome won't work either. You need a painted set to go with that color.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Looks good but I have 1 problem......Can I see some more pics please.....

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
. bigbadwolf - what color can i spray it to make YOU love it ? ?
i would of gray 2 toned that car with no red strip.

maybe a gunmetal gray with nice flake :D

Attachments

1 - 20 of 47 Posts