Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been long overdue for a car cover. I just didnt wanna buy a cheap pepboys one, and i didnt wanna spend $350 on a cover. So my wife bought it for me. Its the coverking stormproof cover that Naisso sells on their site. Has the mirror pockets and impala logos on it. It is a great cover and well worth the money.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I need one of those covers!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
That is a very nice fitting cover.

The two main reasons its more money than all the others is the fact that the cover has very few seams in its construction and the "Stormproof" fabric is naturally waterproof (well not entirely cuz it needs to breathe or you will incur major damage) and does not need treated in any way, in fact only one mill in the country produces this micro-fiber polyester fabric. It will last a long time and not fade. Another cool thing is its available in a wide selection of colors, including combo colors (you can do a two-color scheme if you want). As a bonus for some; they also have a "wine" color that is super close to DCM.

Now, I have had some great luck with NOAH fabric covers from Cali Car Cover Co. but they never last more than 4 years and usually breakdown from sun damage by then, no biggie cuz if a cover lasts 4 years its done its job. Like I said, the NOAH has been good for me but I think I may try this CoverKing micro-fiber polyester material fabric next. Only negative is I bet it wont resist an attack from the friendly neighborhood feline vermin as well as my NOAH does.

One thing that really always bothered me is the amount of seams used on the NOAH fabric covers, its like bad patchwork. Just way too many seams. Wish they would make the NOAH like these CoverKings, then I would have the best of both worlds. Best outdoor fabric with as little seams as poSSible.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have been long overdue for a car cover. I just didnt wanna buy a cheap pepboys one, and i didnt wanna spend $350 on a cover. So my wife bought it for me. Its the coverking stormproof cover that Naisso sells on their site. Has the mirror pockets and impala logos on it. It is a great cover and well worth the money.
Where did you get it and what did you pay? Cheapest I could find was $350 and Naisso selling them for $332?
George

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I have the exact same one. Mine sits in the garage with the cover on. My only disappointments are 1) some water does seep through, and 2) the logo on the front turned from grey to a "gay" pinkish color. I guess its a good thing its hidden in the garage. The only reason I can think of for this is that I live 2 blocks from the beach, my garage is vented, and the salt in the air changed the color. It happened pretty rapidly too. Over all its a great fitting cover though.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where did you get it and what did you pay? Cheapest I could find was $350 and Naisso selling them for $332?
George
She got it from naisso!!
It works great in the rain. I was watchin it one day when it was rainin and its like as soon as the rain drops would hit it, they would roll right of as fast as lighting!!

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
^^^lol...

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
262 Posts
Looks like a quality cover... and pricey... I'd love one of those though.

I'm sure it beats me $25 Walmart special cover... LOL

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Looks like a quality cover... and pricey... I'd love one of those though.

I'm sure it beats me $25 Walmart special cover... LOL

Show a pic of that $25 cover!

That's more in my price range....cwm4

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Be careful here.

I am not saying that you gotta lay down $350.00 for an outdoor cover.

But..... $25.00 from Wally's cant be very "paint friendly" in terms of scratching/marring or "breathable" in terms of moisture being able to escape from under it.

If its working for you and you have no ill paint problems as listed, you did well.

Must let others know the name of this $25.00 outdoor cover.

Just keep an eye on the mirror areas on the edges, having no mirror pockets will definately rub the "thick" GM paint off in a light breeze, keep it snug, maybe add some mirror pockets, very easy to do.

Nice find man.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Yeah, I could see the cover being hard on the paint, but I only use it before a snow storm so that all I have to do is remove the cover and the snow is gone, however last winters snow was a little intense and did not just come rite off like it normaly does.

7,191 Posts
I have the exact same one. Mine sits in the garage with the cover on. My only disappointments are 1) some water does seep through, and 2) the logo on the front turned from grey to a "gay" pinkish color. I guess its a good thing its hidden in the garage. The only reason I can think of for this is that I live 2 blocks from the beach, my garage is vented, and the salt in the air changed the color. It happened pretty rapidly too. Over all its a great fitting cover though.

Two blocks from the beach????? DAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
unfortunatly this is the best pic I have of the 25$ one from walmart, it's kinda ugly but gets the job done

Thanks for the pic. Now that cover for $25 doesn't seem bad, I will be searching for that @ my neariest walmart;)

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Hell frekkin yeah. Especially if even the tiniest gust of wind or breeze blows by!!
i spent 30mins one day trying to get that damn cover on and it just kept popping up on one end and once that end was down then it was the other... now i just call my son or the neighbor

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
i spent 30mins one day trying to get that damn cover on and it just kept popping up on one end and once that end was down then it was the other... now i just call my son or the neighbor

Jay you have the same cover Al has?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts