Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lurker...
I'm not new to the B-body game ...

I had a 9c1 when I was in highschool which is long gone... And also a 89 Caprice LS brougham which I swapped in a LS last year but that's gone also...

Purchased me a 1996 dggm impala ss just now and I'm ready to get to working....

I'm a LS guy so the good ole lt1 will be coming out... Anyone interested in it and willing to grab it from north Florida feel free to make me a offer... It runs great...

Besides swapping in a LS, I pretty much plan on keeping it original...

Here are pics... I bought the car just as it sits in the pics below but I will be replacing the drop springs and shocks back to factory ride height...

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Welcome to the forum! 89's are nice cars, I had a couple of them before. Any pics of the 89?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Welcome... thought about an LS swap, but didn't want to go thru that again. looks like you've got a solid platform to work with. Good luck!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome... thought about an LS swap, but didn't want to go thru that again. looks like you've got a solid platform to work with. Good luck!
Thx a lot...
I've done a couple swaps, even swapped a 6.0 in a shortbed like in your sig... This would be my first impala swap and it looks to be like it's going to be a very simple swap...

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
HINT: Go to 'User CP' at the left end of the blue bar above and hack in add a 'location' (LA, NY, STL). There may be someone in your area that may be willing to lend an 'eyes on' hand/info.

Welcome to the 'front side' of the forum (you've been lurking in the background).

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
NP. That's the same place that you craft your 'sig', etc.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I guess I'm not able to post in the wanted/sale ad just yet so I'll post it here if that's fine...

Lowering springs removed. I'm using Moog 7268 up front and used 9c1 springs in the rear until I can figure out what moog springs resembles the impala ss rears... If anyone has an idea, please help...

The drop springs are free to anyone willing to pay shipping. Not sure or brand, they're blue and ride pretty good...

Just shoot me a PM...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Welcome bro. I'm in south Ga, Albany, just a couple minutes from Thomasville. The wife and i hit Tallahassee pretty often. I actually have been looking up some of the local cruise ins around there to maybe hit one.

I'm here on the forums learning myself but if i can help with anything let me know. If nothing else i might be able to supply a beer or two to help you along thru your project :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome bro. I'm in south Ga, Albany, just a couple minutes from Thomasville. The wife and i hit Tallahassee pretty often. I actually have been looking up some of the local cruise ins around there to maybe hit one.

I'm here on the forums learning myself but if i can help with anything let me know. If nothing else i might be able to supply a beer or two to help you along thru your project :)
LoL,
I know every 1st Saturday of the month there's a big local cruise @ the sonics/Hardee's on north Monroe st close to lake Jackson...

I'm always open to travel also, so feel me in on any local cruises you here about also...

Thank you...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey no problem man. Doesn't look like I'll be traveling anytime soon however. I'm having some kind of tranny issues. And at moment i don't have the money to fix anything major which seems to be where this is headed.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I would like to swap the LT1 for a LS based engine. Problem I have is the emissions testing in Northern VA. They test the PCM readiness via the ODBII port, and they might test other things. Does anyone know if swaping out the LT1 to an LS would still allow the car to pass the test? I assume the machine would speak to the new LS PCM but I haven't found anything about it.

Thoughts???

Thank you

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.