·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live in Aston, Pa that is in between Media and Chester. :cool:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wicked sweet!

MY OPINION HERE: I would have extended the panels and top of the box up under the back decklid, so it dosent have a big hole and flat-spot...or is that so the bass can go through it easier...I have mine all built up tight to the underside of the trunk and i have no bass muffling... When i carpet it ill put some pics up...

VERY clean though, and i love the JL cutout!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What JL woofers are you using? I can see they are 12's, but are they W3's or W6's? Does it get loud enough for ya?? Do you still have your spare tire? How big was your box.

The install looks great. Good job.

TOM B

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks good man, I am running JL woofers as well as JL amps, very happy with my set up. Nice install man.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
answers to questions
1)pittsburg is like 6-8 hours from hear
2)my trunk space moved to my back seat! ;)
3)the reason there is a little room between the box and the decklid, is because it is designed to come out easy and go back in, if need be.
4)the subs are JL w3 dvc's, it is loud, but it seems that the subs can't handle the hole power of that amp( rockford power 800 ).
im thinking i might eventually get something else.

what would you guys suggest. I dont want anything to expensive, ex: JL w7's, I was thinking maybe getting Eclipse aluminum dvc's,
YOu guys think these would be stronger? :cool:

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
also, i forgot to metion, that the amps, JL cutout, and the Monster cap cutout are all light by red neon( yea know, for them later car shows.) :cool:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fbiss20s:
what would you guys suggest. I dont want anything to expensive, ex: JL w7's, I was thinking maybe getting Eclipse aluminum dvc's,
YOu guys think these would be stronger? :cool:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check out the new Brahamas http://www.adireaudio.com/car_audio/drivers/brahma_series.htm

They were made specifically to compete with the W7s :cool: I'm helping a friend install two of these with a 2400w Orion amp this weekend. I've read a lot about the Adire stuff, and their amazing.

The Shivas are a great alternative too. They dont look like much... but they are incredible.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
actually i was thinking i wanted to spend even less then $369.

i can get a good deal on the eclipse's, are these good subs

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have 2 eclipse 12" aluminums and I love them. I have had them for about 1 1/2 years with no problems. I beat the crap out of them too. I had Boston Acoustic pros before, and they did not even last me a month before I destroyed them. I would reccomend them. They sound really great and have not blown up yet.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dude you could get you ONE 13.5 w7 and the car would seem like it is coming apart. Try ebay. I got two 12 w7 for $900. Retails for $650. Ill have pics soon of the setup with PPI amps.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts