Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my interior done. Last winter, I pulled all the door panels and tailgate panel and replaced all the clips with new clips so they don't squeak as much, and installed new speakers front and rear. I also bought some SS seats. They were really rough and needed new foam and new covers. So I ordered new seat covers and had them installed along with new carpet. When I got the car back, the seat covers didn't fit right and the seats were very uncomfortable. So I took the car back. The 2nd attempt wasn't much better, so I found a different trim shop.

They did a nice job, put more padding in the seats, swapped the gray fabric out on the seat covers for tan (which should have been done when they were made), and tighted up the covers so they fit much better. The console is for a Jeep and fits so snugly between the seats that I didn't even need to bolt it down. I had the same console in my Crown Vic and really liked it. Then I got new floor mats, and now my intererior is almost like new!

·
Premium Member
4,150 Posts
i have the same color interior in my 95 wagon but the former owner installed leather roadie seats and i love them.like driving a lazy boy.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Console looks pretty bad. Not the good bad.

But the rest of it looks awesome.
The console is not quite as intense in real life. The camera made it more orange than what it is. But that's probably a winter project, to have it recovered.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The console is not quite as intense in real life. The camera made it more orange than what it is. But that's probably a winter project, to have it recovered.
It's not just that. It's just so boxy looking, in an interior that's got very soft lines. And even then, I don't feel the console would match the color in person. The little difference in shade would throw me off.

Seats and the rest of it are awesome though.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
terrific job

1 - 9 of 9 Posts