Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
She's purty. Seems every Cap Wagon I see has manual windows. Was power windows a rare option?
Just curious.
Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe you've just hit a local rash of them. Right around me I see a lot with crank windows, but 30 miles in either direction, I hardly see any. No rhyme or reason I can figure except that people in this area tend to be poorer - maybe didn't spring for power windows.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, Derek. That's funny, because around here, I've seen lots of 9C1s but never a crank window car. I sent a '94 Capwag with 63k up to Minnesota in January. If you see a dark blue on with cranks there and NY City door dings, it was probably mine...

Thom! All the snow melted off the '77 Impala today - 51 balmy degrees! Tomorrow's high: 20. It was nice while it lasted, but it didn't lasted.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see someone popped the wagon for the BIN price. Ever see any with crank windows and not have the 2:56? Just curious.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Personally, I haven't seen a crank window with anything but 2.56's, but I do have a '93 woody Cap with a 305, cruise, and cranks. It has base (for the year) 2.72's. So I guess cranks and low rear ratios go hand in hand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.