Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I been thinking about adding a fire extinguisher in my Caprice for safety reasons, but I'm not sure where I should put it. I seen people put one on the pillars, under the front seat, and in the trunk! For the guys with b-bodies and have a fire extinguisher, where is yours located?? And what's ur opinion about having them in your car??

This is the fire extinguisher I was thinking about buying.
http://m.ebay.com/Pages/ViewItem.as...vAD=320x544&sv=car fire extinguisher &emvcc=0

Please let me know your opinions!

·
Registered
530 Posts
I forget the name of them but I saw one at walmart that looks like a large spray can, yet its a fire extinguisher. Not only was it compact but, it also gave you a longer duration of spray to put the fire out.

Now the can you are looking at may give you a very short burst which may or may not be enough to satisfay your thought of being safe. From a person who had a fire under the hood, trust me. Look very carefully and see the stats on the package and compare them. Do not go by the looks of the packaging.

I would probably put it under the seat. Perhaps the passenger seat since it does not get moved as much. Also keep in mid that temperatures inside of your car and know that is is going to be safe in the conditions especially in hot weather.

I wonder how much those systems cost that they have in race cars that auto release under the hood when fire happens.....humm....not bad.

Good luck buddy!!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I have the metallic grey Kidde FX unit in the trunk.

I have a big round magnet (that I swiped from an under the cabinet office lamp) mounted thru the holder and it just goes right on to the rear wheel well thru the carpet and does not move. I did not want to drill any holes.

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
On the console:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks guys for all the input!! That Kidde FX fire extinguisher looks good too... And COFFEE I will look at the numbers on it.. B/C I DO want a fire extinguisher that will a good amount of burst... Thanks for the info!! I think I'm going to put one in my trunk.I'm hoping it wont be too hot in the trunk during the summer

And sorry for that link I gave earlier.... I posted this thread on my droid and thats the link it put up. But here is a similar ad from ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FIRE...Q5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_4671wt_1605

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
Can you see it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts