Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will a 255/35/20 not fit on a 7 inch wide rim, this shop tried but said they couldn't, before I buy smaller tires, I wanted to know if I should try another shop.

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts
it took 5 days for my chrome coys to arrive. I ordered two weeks ago i believe. I went with 20 x 7 and 20x10.

So what's the backspacing on that wheel? I don't think you're gonna end up liking it so much. BUt what do I know?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WTH are you putting a 7" wide wheel on? honda civic?
there's a method to my madness it will look good.

but after some research I found out 245 tires are made for 7.5 inch wheels to 9 inch wheels. coys recommended that I use 245 or 235. pimpala, I wouldn't like that look at all. I like a tiny lip up front and bigger lip in the rear. well a noticeable difference. the 20 x 8.5 which you see in the rear of my Sig pic has the same lip almost as the 10 inch wide rim. **** they look good sitting in my closet right now, just what I wanted in rims.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kinda sucks I already bought these 255, guess I could keep them as a spare set for the 338s.

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts
a seven inch wheel, unless the offset is just right or you're using an adapter, is gonna sit waaay under the fender. I WOULD NOT run anything less than a 245/35 on a almost two ton vehicle, 235/35's are made for lightweight FWD cars (just like 20x7's) A 245/35 will bulge a bit like the tire on that truck you posted, but thats the minimum i'd even think about running.

If you're still running those 275/4020's on the rear, then you could do a 245/40R20 on the front. The taller tire is easier to squeeze onto that narrow wheel, and less likely to get you cussed out by the guy mounting them. a 235/40 or 50 20 would be perfect, but they don't exist.

Do not put ricer tires on your car. I'll be at the front of the line giving you hell for it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
cool, thanks ill order some 245s.
also the offset is +6 so it will stick out 1.1 inches farther than stock.

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts
offset is +6 so it will stick out 1.1 inches farther than stock.
Umm no, the factory 17x8.5 has about a +5 or 6 offset. And you are 1.5 inches narrower than stock.

On the other hand, that's pretty much exactly what the factory 15x7's are.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Umm no, the factory 17x8.5 has about a +5 or 6 offset. And you are 1.5 inches narrower than stock.

On the other hand, that's pretty much exactly what the factory 15x7's are.
yea I was referring to the 15 x 7s, they will stick out 1.1 inches farther, and I'm mad this rim shop ruined my 285/30/20. there's a air bubble in the sidewall. they prolly went crazy with the tire iron. I'm probaly going to wait a few months before I put these on as I need to buy three new tires now. been throwing cash around too much, ill be back with pics then.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just put the rear wheels on and I think 285/30/20 looks ugly with no sidewall, and I found out I have enough room for a 295. so maybe a 295/35/20 if they make that size

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thats nice, I might make that move.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
that black challenger had 295/35/20. but back to firewood and pimp, that's a 18x7 in my Sig up front.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sits right on point out front, tire size I went with out front, I dont want to say lol.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts