Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
when i go to cecil county dragway in maryland on the 22nd i will have my mickey thompsons installed and the front swaybar removed...... my brother in law will be towing me down there, so my first run will be with a pretty cold engine....i dont know if that will make much of a difference, but it beats changing the tires and removing the swaybar in the parking lot.

i'll post those numbers after i get back home that night.

ED

G

·
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Why will he be "towing" you? I guess you mean on a trailer? That would only make since. Let us know how you do with some traction.

Mav

G

·
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MadMav:
Why will he be "towing" you? I guess you mean on a trailer? That would only make since. Let us know how you do with some traction.

Mav
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

no real reason other then the fact that i have a trailer available to me, and he has a truck with a hitch and was going to the same track the same day to test and tune his buddies 706 inch big block nova.

plus, it is easier to change the tires and the sway bar on the lift in the shop behind my store, then it would be to lay on the ground in the parking lot at the track.

i think bringing the engine up to temp. after getting there instead of driving for over an hour, might give me a better first or second run.......

i will definately post my numbers.....in fact, i may squeeze in some runs at atco in street trim before i go to the first ECIRS race in maryland.

ED

G

·
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Makes perfect sense. I would just idle the car with the hood up for about one to two minutes. Just enough to heat the oil up and nothing more. Good luck.

Mav

G

·
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>By the way where has Jeff been? He's been rather quite lately.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Mav,

I'm still around. I check in here everyday, but don't really post too much. I spend a lot of time on a couple lowrider forums. I'm trying to learn a good bit before the install.

I pick up my '62 tomorrow. Finally.

I wanted to spend some cash on my '96, but I want to get the '62 at least 80% by next summer. Hopefully...

That ways I can take it to Atco and hit 3 wheel down the track. I'd probably get kicked off the track, but I would love to see people's faces as my car runs the whole 1/4 on 3. :D

Jeff

G

·
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
"That ways I can take it to Atco and hit 3 wheel down the track. I'd probably get kicked off the track, but I would love to see people's faces as my car runs the whole 1/4 on 3."

Now that's funny! Good to see you haven't left us here.

Mav

G

·
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by unfunkyufo:
That ways I can take it to Atco and hit 3 wheel down the track. I'd probably get kicked off the track, but I would love to see people's faces as my car runs the whole 1/4 on 3. :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pop the left front up and leave it there! Hey, there's an idea to help weight transfer ;)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.