Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help please i just bought a set of 24 inch rims and im looking for a set of instructions on what to do so that they fit and ride well without rubbing and all the bad things that come with a larger wheel size. For example im wondering what exactly i need to do to my suspension among other things. i need a rundown.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
As far as riding well, do you mean ride quality, or just no rubbing?
For fitment, need to give more info on the wheels, i.e. backspacing, offset, anticipated tire size, etc.

First thing I would do is get a set of extended control arms to center the rear axle. Each car is different, as far as what needs to be done to make them fit.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
well im kind of new at this stuff but i know the rims are 24x10s and the tires are pirelli neros 275/25/24. WHat exactly do extender control arms do and around how much do they run for? And im looking for as much as a balanced ride as i can get with this wheel size as well as eliminate as much rubbing as possible

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Stock Springs,Hotchkiss,Sprint,etc your good.

Your offset better be +13 or +15 with 275-25-24 tires on a 24X10

Take out the 2 bolts in the middle of the fender R/L so that the tire dont rub.

Thats all!

Extras:
Change you ball joints b/c they might break or just do the whole front end rebuild

Extended Rear control arms if you want you rear wheels straight and pushed out a lil bit more.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks yall i appreciate all this info im definitely goin to get on it so that i can get to rolling on them 24's one last question tho. Approx how much should this whole process cost a rough estimate.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
What are 24"s? $2500 with tires?

Shocks are no more than $200, springs $200, control arms $350 or so. I figure to get the right parts it could be $800-1000.

If you can do it yourself there is no cost labor, otherwise figure $500 or more for labor.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
when i had my 24s on my impala another huge issue was the inside of me wheel rubbing up against my exhaust i attached some pics theres was no issue wit the right side but the left side was horribly digging into my exhaust any solutions?

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
when i had my 24s on my impala another huge issue was the inside of me wheel rubbing up against my exhaust i attached some pics theres was no issue wit the right side but the left side was horribly digging into my exhaust any solutions?
reroute the exhaust a few inches .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts