Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fixed my heater hose today and filled the coolant reserve tank to the cap and started the car up and its the coolant is not being sucked into the system its just sitting in the tank and my low coolant light is still on. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I fixed my heater hose today and filled the coolant reserve tank to the cap and started the car up and its the coolant is not being sucked into the system its just sitting in the tank and my low coolant light is still on. Any suggestions?
First - the coolant does not get filled to the cap.......note the mark on the tank. Whack the tank with your fist - that should free up the sensor. Are you fully warmed up and your thermostat opening? Have you bleed the system?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Turn the heat and blower to high. Open the bleeder valve and insure the reservoir cap is tight. Once it reaches closed loop, it'll (should) pull fine.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I filled it up al the way becuase a lost a lot of coolant when imy hose burst. so i was hoping that when i turned the car on it would have sucked at least o full bottle of coolant down first. i let it warm up and the level dropped so I topped it off. thanks

·
Registered
581 Posts
Turn the heat and blower to high. Open the bleeder valve and insure the reservoir cap is tight. Once it reaches closed loop, it'll (should) pull fine.
Curious question. Why does the heater need to be turned on with the fan on high if the coolant flow through the heater core is independent to what to what the HVAC is set to? - Peter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts