Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We drive old cars, so the key FOBs are old as well and do not function as they used to do. If you pry a FOB open, you will see four micro switches. Those for trunk and interior lights are not used as often as ones for the doors, so they are still probably fine. The door lock/unlock ones get "lazy". I am not analyzing here what made them "lazy".

Here is how I fixed mine. I pried the FOB open with a flat screwdriver. First removed all the gunk inside with a q-tip soaked in rubbing alcohol.
After everything was clean and nice, inserted a piece of carefully tailored paper (five fold) to cover the two "lazy"switches. Closed the FOB, and now it operates just like it did when it was brand new. You do not have to remove the battery during this procedure. Hope, this will help to solve that annoying old FOB issue. Sorry for teh quality of the pictures taken with my laptop.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
SSSssssoooo, the old "Business card stuck between the case and board of an old brick i-pod to delay its death"Trick eh. I got 1 dead button on a 3-door garage opener I'll try that on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts