Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason my blinker is not working. When you turn on the blinker you can't here it nor see the arrows pop up on the gauge. Yesterday I changed the flasher and still same problem. Then I noticed a burnt fuse in the fuse box on the side of the dash. I replaced it and the blinkers worked. Once I start driving the fuse burns out again! I get another fuse and it seems to be working fine. But when I drive to work today I have the same problem! Why does my fuse keep blowing out??

·
Registered
163 Posts
you either have a shorted wire,shorted bulb or a loose ground wire,in that order unfortunately,but i'd still start with the easiest to check first,when they are working check all your bulbs,if alls good and they are all blinking then look for a worn spot in the harnesses if it's not obvious start wiggling wires pulling on the harnesses till it blows the fuse again,got to narrow it down

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i figure a ground touching his turn signal positive.
Thanks fellas I will have to check into this. My boy said the same thing about a wire touching the ground or something. Where is the ground wire and turn signal positive located?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts