Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I try to locate both flashers (i.e. turning lights and hazard warning) for my Fleetwood 96, I know they are under the steering wheel. I'd like to see a picture where they exactly are. I have removed some of the (crappy) panels below the steering wheel... without seeing them (... do not tell me to buy new glasses). Before I keep discarding all elements below the steering wheel, if someone had a picture showing where they both are located, it would be very useful. The picture in the Hayne Repair Manual (probably from a Caprice) did not help me. So, any pictures and advices would be nice. A nice week-end to all Impala/Fleetwood drivers. Best regards, swisswood.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Welcome swiss-

I did the hazard flasher on a '95 FWB - not fun. It required numerous structural sections of underdash to be removed, which is never fun upside down - and dark - and close (i.e. 3.0 readers). The hazard relay (I recall cylindrical) is right of the column, where the turn relay is cubic and left of the column and 'relatively' easier to get to.

Some description is given here:
96 Fleetwood Turn Signal Flasher Location/Corner Marker removal

Otherwise, several illustrations for orientation popped up with search in the 'Images' tab - I use DuckDuckGo.

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
Hey there Swiss. Nice to see you here. I would bet that if you could somehow meet Scot, a member of this forum, he could show you some things about your Caddy. He's in Zurich too.

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
You're welcome. You don't ask questions much. The last one was in '07! Tell us about your Cady, and how are the carclubs there? Just your basic nosy stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts