Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just finished replacing ac compressor,ac evaporator,condensor,expansion valve,ac hoses and drier.
system is charged correctly bottle is sweating and a vey constant flow of drip out of the ac box to the outside floor.

i know the issue is the blend door letting hot air in and cold air escaping, as i went around the block and passed by several peoples houses that were cutting there grass and whenever i passed by there houses you can smell the fresh cut grass so i know outside air is getting into the cabin.

how can i fix this issue so that i can keep this damn cold air that all of these new parts are making inside the cabin of my car.

ive read that the actual blend door actutor is behind glovebox facing the inside of the car is this true? is there a way i can remove actuator or just set blend door so that it is closed at all times.

please help

·
Registered
8,199 Posts
Not assured from your description there's anything wrong. My understanding is that the only time the system is on complete recirc is at the 60* setting. Are you unimpressed with how cool the air is coming out the vents? What is the temp of air coming out of the vents?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not assured from your description there's anything wrong. My understanding is that the only time the system is on complete recirc is at the 60* setting. Are you unimpressed with how cool the air is coming out the vents? What is the temp of air coming out of the vents?

i have it the 60 degree setting, so it should be full reciric but its bringing air from the outside clearly cause you can smell outsdie ambient air..

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
The system may not completely seal the incoming air. I believe it allows about 5-10% fresh air even in recirculation mode. The only way you can close the door at all times is to manually operate it. You could plug the vacuum line at the manifold, and tee into a line that is always active in AC. Check your FSM for info on what line does what.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so if i was to pull out the actuator itself and manually close it would it let me /????my biggest issue is i only have FSM for bbody not dbody

The system may not completely seal the incoming air. I believe it allows about 5-10% fresh air even in recirculation mode. The only way you can close the door at all times is to manually operate it. You could plug the vacuum line at the manifold, and tee into a line that is always active in AC. Check your FSM for info on what line does what.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
B and D body HVAC function the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts